Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Creating UI components in Unite Plugin

sk27
Novice

Hi,

I am working on Intel Unite Enterprise plugin development. The set up is done successfully on NUC 7 gen. I am able to deploy sample plugins.

I want to create UI components such as text box, text area, check box, file selection and other such components in my plugin just like those that are there in the Share Files plugin and  Settings options.

But I didn't find any supporting methods in the Unite SDK.

Please let me know is it possible to create such a plugin with UI components(other than buttons).

If yes, how? If no, What else would you suggest?

Thanks,

Srujana K

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Hey Srujana,

Intel Unite 3.x Plugins are limited to just button controls. In the future other controls will be made available thru HTML

Joe

0 Kudos
sk27
Novice

Hi @joseph

Thank you for the information.

We are trying to generate some dialog box or launch another application from Unite plugin. We observed that the applications are getting launched on the Unite HUB machine and there is no way we can launch a dialog box.

Is there a possibility we can show information(a table layout text/graphs) on the Unite plugin via plugin UI/launching a new application on client machine using plugin?

Thanks, 

Srujana.

0 Kudos
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

With Unite 3.x you can use toast messages for posting information, however not interactive.

Launching an application is not an issue, just key the launch/close with a button. 

The unite application would not be able to display anything like a graph from within it, however there is no reason you couldn't open a browser to a specific website (local or cloud)

0 Kudos
Landreth__Jon
Beginner

Joseph O. (Intel) wrote:

Launching an application is not an issue, just key the launch/close with a button. 

Hello All,

@Joseph

Do you happen to know of any documentation for launching applications?  I have fumbled my way through a dll.  It's written to launch and exe.  The application will launch but Unite takes the focus from the application.  Also, when viewing the presentation, the application doesn't show.  Not sure if that is the correct process but would love any help given.

Thank you

0 Kudos