Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

DTK 0.54 and above IDE-R funtion does not work on Lenovo M58P

Jing_Jin__Intel_
Beginner

Hi,
When i did a demo with DTK and Lenovo M58P with AMT commander, i found that the IDE-R active item is greyed. so the IDE-R is not funtional on the M58P, i tried the 0.54 and above, neither of them works. the M58P's firmware is 5.0.3.
Anyone has idea about this?

thanks

-Jen

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Calvin_S_Intel
Employee
1. Does anyversion work on the platform?
2. Do you enable IDER in BIOS/MEBX/Commander?
0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
Quoting - Calvin
1. Does anyversion work on the platform?
2. Do you enable IDER in BIOS/MEBX/Commander?

Calvin's second point is quite important. I'll assume for the moment you provisioned in SMB mode, where you went into the MEBx and configured AMT that way. In the MEBx there are options for SOL-IDER, those should be enabled. If they are enabled in the MEBx, you can enable and disable SOL/IDE-R remotely. The three options in the DTK are Serial-over-Lan, IDE Redirect, and Redirection Port.

When you say the IDE-R item is greyed in the DTK, do you mean the Take Control button? Or the button next to the IDE Redirect text that lets you change the option from Disabled to Enabled? If it's the button next to the IDE Redirect text, I would go check the MEBx options.

Andy

EDIT: I missed something that I wanted to ask about with your initial wording. The title said that DTK 0.54 and above did not work with a Lenovo M58P, does that mean you tested it with a DTK below 0.54, and it did work?
0 Kudos