Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

Difference in the list of bios feature between ws-man call and Intel Standard Manageability

MPala11
New Contributor II

Hi,
I'm seeing some difference in bios feature list between the ws-man enumeration(CIM_BIOSFeature) and supported functions in Intel Standard Manageability http://ipaddress:16992/

Tried the AssetDisplayTyped example in sdk(Intel_AMT_SDK_6.0_Hot_Fix_2450\\Windows\\Intel_AMT\\Samples\\WS-Management\\AssetDisplay\\AssetDisplayTyped\\C#), shows following details
Characteristics:
ISA Support
PCI Support
PnP Support
APM Support
Upgradeable BIOS
BIOS Shadowing Allowed
ESCD Support
Boot from CD
Selectable Boot
BIOS ROM is Socketed
EDD Specification Support

When I tried from IE(http://ipaddress:16992/), Hardware Information-> systems, it shows following details
Supported functions
ISA
PCI
PnP
APM
Upgradeable
Shadowing is allowed
ESCD
Boot from CD
Selectable boot
ROM socketed
EDD spec
5.25"/1.2MB floppy services
3.5"/720KB floppy services
3.5"/2.88MB floppy services
Print Screen service 8042
keyboard services
Serial services
Printer services
CGA/Mono video services

Functions like 5.25"/1.2MB floppy services,3.5"/720KB floppy services ,3.5"/2.88MB floppy services ,Print Screen service 8042 ,keyboard services ,Serial services,Printer services ,CGA/Mono video services were missing for CIM_BIOSFeature ws-man call.

I would like to know about where functions like 5.25"/1.2MB floppy services,3.5"/720KB floppy services etc coming from

Thanks,
Mani

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ajith_I_Intel
Employee
Hi Mani,
Thanks again for the question. The WEBUI certainly shows a lot of detailed HW asset information and all of this is collected from BIOS after it finishes the POST.

CIM_BIOSFeature will only provide the capabilities supported in the BIOS. For media device information, consider looking in CIM_MediaAccessDevice. In the SDK documentation here, look under Intel AMT Features->Hardware Asset>Use Cases> Enumerate Type Media Device for a detailed description of how you can enumerate the various media devices along with additional detials supported by the devices.

Thanks,
AI
0 Kudos
valantinaa
Beginner

I too faced the above mentioned problem as said by 'plmanikandan'.

When i use SOAP call to fetch BIOS Characteristics ( using SDK sample) , it list more no of BIOS Characteristics.But, when i use winrm command to enumerate CIM_BIOSFeature, the 'Characteristics' property displays only a few.

Moreover the list of characteristics given in SDK SOAP sample - AssetDisplay is different from the SDK documentation for thepossible listof values forCIM_BIOSFeature's characteristics property.

So, am confusedwhich one is correct ( via SOAP or ws-man ) ??

Ajith ,

"The WEBUI certainly shows a lot of detailed HW asset information and all of this is collected from BIOS after it finishes the POST."

Sorry, i didn't understood how comeAMT shows different valuesin WEBUI &thr' winrm.
(OR)
If it is not same as CIM_BIOSFeature's characteristics property, is it possible toget thethoseBIOS features listed in WEBUI from any other classes other than CIM_BIOSFeature ?

Thanks
Valantina

0 Kudos