Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and the technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
Announcements
Intel Customer Support will be observing the Martin Luther King holiday on Monday, Jan. 17, and will return on Tues. Jan. 18.
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
1356 Discussions

Difference in the list of bios feature between ws-man call and Intel Standard Manageability

MPala11
New Contributor II

Hi,
I'm seeing some difference in bios feature list between the ws-man enumeration(CIM_BIOSFeature) and supported functions in Intel Standard Manageability http://ipaddress:16992/

Tried the AssetDisplayTyped example in sdk(Intel_AMT_SDK_6.0_Hot_Fix_2450\\Windows\\Intel_AMT\\Samples\\WS-Management\\AssetDisplay\\AssetDisplayTyped\\C#), shows following details
Characteristics:
ISA Support
PCI Support
PnP Support
APM Support
Upgradeable BIOS
BIOS Shadowing Allowed
ESCD Support
Boot from CD
Selectable Boot
BIOS ROM is Socketed
EDD Specification Support

When I tried from IE(http://ipaddress:16992/), Hardware Information-> systems, it shows following details
Supported functions
ISA
PCI
PnP
APM
Upgradeable
Shadowing is allowed
ESCD
Boot from CD
Selectable boot
ROM socketed
EDD spec
5.25"/1.2MB floppy services
3.5"/720KB floppy services
3.5"/2.88MB floppy services
Print Screen service 8042
keyboard services
Serial services
Printer services
CGA/Mono video services

Functions like 5.25"/1.2MB floppy services,3.5"/720KB floppy services ,3.5"/2.88MB floppy services ,Print Screen service 8042 ,keyboard services ,Serial services,Printer services ,CGA/Mono video services were missing for CIM_BIOSFeature ws-man call.

I would like to know about where functions like 5.25"/1.2MB floppy services,3.5"/720KB floppy services etc coming from

Thanks,
Mani

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ajith_I_Intel
Employee
Hi Mani,
Thanks again for the question. The WEBUI certainly shows a lot of detailed HW asset information and all of this is collected from BIOS after it finishes the POST.

CIM_BIOSFeature will only provide the capabilities supported in the BIOS. For media device information, consider looking in CIM_MediaAccessDevice. In the SDK documentation here, look under Intel AMT Features->Hardware Asset>Use Cases> Enumerate Type Media Device for a detailed description of how you can enumerate the various media devices along with additional detials supported by the devices.

Thanks,
AI
valantinaa
Beginner

I too faced the above mentioned problem as said by 'plmanikandan'.

When i use SOAP call to fetch BIOS Characteristics ( using SDK sample) , it list more no of BIOS Characteristics.But, when i use winrm command to enumerate CIM_BIOSFeature, the 'Characteristics' property displays only a few.

Moreover the list of characteristics given in SDK SOAP sample - AssetDisplay is different from the SDK documentation for thepossible listof values forCIM_BIOSFeature's characteristics property.

So, am confusedwhich one is correct ( via SOAP or ws-man ) ??

Ajith ,

"The WEBUI certainly shows a lot of detailed HW asset information and all of this is collected from BIOS after it finishes the POST."

Sorry, i didn't understood how comeAMT shows different valuesin WEBUI &thr' winrm.
(OR)
If it is not same as CIM_BIOSFeature's characteristics property, is it possible toget thethoseBIOS features listed in WEBUI from any other classes other than CIM_BIOSFeature ?

Thanks
Valantina