Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Disable AMT

sunp76
Beginner
I am developing drivers for intel controller with AMT. Is there a place where I can disable AMT via some confguration registers. I disabled thro BIOS but doesn't seem working.. Where can I get more documentation and more assistance..

Thanks in advance..
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RBens2
Valued Contributor I
Quoting - sunp76
I am developing drivers for intel controller with AMT. Is there a place where I can disable AMT via some confguration registers. I disabled thro BIOS but doesn't seem working.. Where can I get more documentation and more assistance..

Thanks in advance..

Hi Sunp76,

Due to security issues, there is no way to disable AMT from the host OS. If it were possible, then malicious software could turn off System Defense and then compromise the system. So, you're really going down a dead end by trying to programmatically turn off AMT.

Later,
Roger
0 Kudos
sunp76
Beginner
Quoting - rogerb

Hi Sunp76,

Due to security issues, there is no way to disable AMT from the host OS. If it were possible, then malicious software could turn off System Defense and then compromise the system. So, you're really going down a dead end by trying to programmatically turn off AMT.

Later,
Roger

Thanks Roger, That's what I thought so.. Thanks for clarifying..
0 Kudos