Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devonn
Beginner

Discovery Sample in C++

I am having troubles building the discovery sample from the latest sdk release. I am using visual studio 2008 with Microsoft Platform SDK 2008 (ver. 6.0A or 6.1).
The first error (which appears to cause most of the other errors) is:
Error 1 error C2039: 'shared_ptr' : is not a member of 'std::tr1' c:\\intel_amt_6.0\\windows\\common\\ws-management\\c++\\cimframeworkuntyped\\include\\cimobject.h 40 Discovery
I also receive a lot of errors when using the build.bat file to build the sdk (a lot of missing file errors).
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks,
Devon
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gael_H_Intel

Hello Devon,

Thank you for posting your question. I will need to see if I can duplicate this and get back with you. Have you verified that you have set up your environment correctly? Take a look at: "Using the Intel AMT SDK > Linking to the Libraries > Linking to Microsoft Platform SDK Libraries" in the SDK Doc? You can view this online here: Implementation and Reference Guide.

Thanks!
Gael_H_Intel

Hello Devon,

I was able to get my Discovery Sample to compile and link. Please make sure you are using the following MS SDK: Windows Server 2003 SP1 Platform SDK Web Install.

What OS are you compiling on? I amon Windows 7. Note that you will need to add the appropriate include and library paths under "Tools" -->"Options" --> "Projects and Setting" --> VC++ Direcectories. Different OSs will put the SDK in different folders, for example, the includ file that I must add is: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Include - which is different than what the Implementation and Reference guide says to use. (and so forth for the library path.) I also had to go into the following folders and do a debug build:

• ..\Intel_AMT_SDK_6.0_Hot_Fix_2450\Windows\Common\WS-Management\C++\openwsman (The DLL created in this project is needed for CIMOpenWsmanClient, as well.)
  • ..\Intel_AMT_SDK_6.0_Hot_Fix_2450\Windows\Common\WS-Management\C++\CimFrameworkUntyped
  • ..\Intel_AMT_SDK_6.0_Hot_Fix_2450\Windows\Common\WS-Management\C++\CimOpenWsmanClient
  • ..\Intel_AMT_SDK_6.0_Hot_Fix_2450\Windows\Common\WS-Management\C++\CIMFramework
And then I had to add their "Debug" Paths to the Library Directories because the Discovery Sample needs to find the DLLs that are created from their builds.

To make a long story short, between following the directions in the Implementation and Reference Guide for "Linking to Microsoft Platform SDK Libraries" and the Readme file in the Discovery Sample's folder, I was able to build the sample successfully.

Let me know if any of this makes any sense.

Thanks,
Gael
fintos
Beginner

Thanks! you had really done the great job. I took great help from this post. keep it up.I really appreciates your efforts.