Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

GUI getting stuck

Stephen_Hibbert__Int
I've noticed that when I use functions in WSManClient.cs (C#), my application will freeze until the function is done working. For example, if I accidentally type in the wrong IP address and try connecting, my entire application freezes until the WSManClient object times out. The GUI freezes and there's no way for the user to cancel or use other features of the application.

I've tried multithreading to solve this problem, but I end up getting errors afterward when trying to use some functions. Is there any other way to solve this problem?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
I've noticed that when I use functions in WSManClient.cs (C#), my application will freeze until the function is done working. For example, if I accidentally type in the wrong IP address and try connecting, my entire application freezes until the WSManClient object times out. The GUI freezes and there's no way for the user to cancel or use other features of the application.

I've tried multithreading to solve this problem, but I end up getting errors afterward when trying to use some functions. Is there any other way to solve this problem?

Hi Stephen - we are looking into this.
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Hi Stephen - we are looking into this.

Stephen,

Thisis an issue with the Sample GUI and not really an issue with WsManclient.cs itself. WsManClient.cs does block until a call completes but a GUI can deal with this by using completion callbacks or threading.

0 Kudos