Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

How do you follow associations?

mugwump
Beginner
Hi,

I'm obviously missing something really basic here about the web services paradigm used for AMT / WS-Management.

In the RemoteControl C# demo app from the SDK, they get an enumeration of CIM_AssociatedPowerManagementServiceType elements directly from the WS management object.

- This seems strange, because CIM_AssociatedPowerManagementServiceType is just a link between CIM_ComputerSystem and CIM_PowerManagementService, right? I guess this is a basic case because there should only ever be a single CIM_ComputerSystem (I assume??). If there were more than one CIM_ComputerSystem, then I guess this enumeration would cover all of the power mgmt service associations to them?

- If I did actually want to take a CIM_ComputerSystem, and travel along the association to find the associated CIM_PowerManagementService, how would I do this?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - mugwump
Hi,

I'm obviously missing something really basic here about the web services paradigm used for AMT / WS-Management.

In the RemoteControl C# demo app from the SDK, they get an enumeration of CIM_AssociatedPowerManagementServiceType elements directly from the WS management object.

- This seems strange, because CIM_AssociatedPowerManagementServiceType is just a link between CIM_ComputerSystem and CIM_PowerManagementService, right? I guess this is a basic case because there should only ever be a single CIM_ComputerSystem (I assume??). If there were more than one CIM_ComputerSystem, then I guess this enumeration would cover all of the power mgmt service associations to them?

- If I did actually want to take a CIM_ComputerSystem, and travel along the association to find the associated CIM_PowerManagementService, how would I do this?

Hi - Thank you for your question. I will need to look into this and will get back with you when I have some information for you.
0 Kudos