Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

IDE Redirection to ISO image

Luís_M_
Beginner

Hello, I'm trying to make the IDE Redirection feature work with a ISO image, but I'm not having any success. Both SOL and IDER are enabled, I can select the ISO from the Commander Tool and Reboot to CDROM Redirection, but nothing happens. I've also tested the redirection with my physical CDROM and it doesn't work as well.

My AMT version is 8.0.4 and I'm using a i5-2500 CPU. KVM works and remote commands such as poweroff, reboot, also work.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: if it helps, my chipset is the Q77.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Luís_M_
Beginner
Yes, I have already tried with both the redirection mode enabled and disabled. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Hi - what tool are you using (DTK, IRMGUI...) IDER is enabled in the BIOS? The listener is turned on? If you try it using the DTK, you will be able to see whether or not IDER is enabled in the BIOS and if the listener is turned on. Other things.. What OS are you using? What BIOS -- EUFI?
0 Kudos
Luís_M_
Beginner
Hi Gael, thanks for your answer. Yes, I'm using the Commander Tool from the Manageability Developer Tool Kit (latest version) in Windows 7 SP1 64-bit. IDER shows as Enabled, but I'm not sure how to check if the listener is turned on. It also says SOL is Enabled and the Redirection Port as well. The BIOS is UEFI. Everything seems to be in order, when I reboot the machine into the CDROM redirection, the debug window shows no error messages. Any ideas? Thank you!
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Does it work if the system is turned off? Are you trying this while the system is running?
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
I just found out that there happens to be a bug report against the BIOs (UEFI specifically) regarding redirection. Sounds exactly like what you are experiencing. If this is the case, there isn't anything we can do here since this would be an issue with the BIOS and not AMT.
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
I just found out that there happens to be a bug report against the BIOs (UEFI specifically) regarding redirection. Sounds exactly like what you are experiencing. If this is the case, there isn't anything we can do here since this would be an issue with the BIOS and not AMT. There is a workaround - can you switch your system to boot with a legacy BIOS?
0 Kudos
Luís_M_
Beginner
Hello again Gael. I've tried it with both the system on and off. I don't see any options in the BIOS (UEFI) screen that allows me to change it to a legacy mode. Isn't there anything else we can try? Thanks for your time.
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
The only thing else you can do is change out your board (or wait for an updated UEFI).
0 Kudos