Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Intel AMT versions?

ph3ar
Beginner
Hello everyone.

I have searched a bit but was quite difficult to find a list with the available AMT versions except this wikipedia entry that seems incomplete.

Thanks
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Shmuel_G_Intel
Employee
Quoting - ph3ar
I have searched a bit but was quite difficult to find a list with the available AMT versions except this wikipedia entry that seems incomplete.

Ph3ar, does the basic information on the "Start Here Guide" helps you?
If you need more details, what kind of details are you looking for?
0 Kudos
ph3ar
Beginner

Ph3ar, does the basic information on the "Start Here Guide" helps you?
If you need more details, what kind of details are you looking for?

Thanks for your reply Shmuel, following the link that you suggest I haven't found the user guide.
By the way is there any information for version 6 ?
0 Kudos
Shmuel_G_Intel
Employee
Ph3ar, please see this table I posted on our blogs. You havea mention of honor, there, too. :)
The evolution of Intel AMT, generation to generation, version by version

Hope it helps!
Shmuel
0 Kudos
ph3ar
Beginner
Thanks for your effort Shmuel,

however this blog entry isn't helpful since there is no accurate firmware version listing and hardware details (e.g. chipset) but only some major versions. As written on your notes it focuses around main features only.

Still someone could not be able to determine what is the firmware version so that he can start using the features of the corresponding Intel AMT firmware.

Moreover, there is no reference for versions 1 and 6.

The quotation can be removed since the blog entry is still incomplete.

0 Kudos
Shmuel_G_Intel
Employee
Quoting - ph3ar
There is no accurate firmware version listing and hardware details (e.g. chipset) but only some major versions.
Still someone could not be able to determine what is the firmware version so that he can start using the features of the corresponding Intel AMT firmware.
Moreover, there is no reference for versions 1 and 6.

Ph3ar, can you clarify what exactly you are looking for?

I thought you were looking for differences, but you say that the problem is that you can't determine which AMT version you have. Is that accurate?

Regarding versions 1 and 6, it is unlikely that you have any of them :), but I'll update the table in the future.
0 Kudos
ph3ar
Beginner
I thought you were looking for differences, but you say that the problem is that you can't determine which AMT version you have. Is that accurate?
Hi,

I'm not looking for differences as I 've written on my first post, but hopefully a more concrete list than the wikipedia entry, that's all :) It could be in a list form of chipset revision, hardware specs and the corresponding Intel AMT version.

This way I could utilize better my systems by knowing which version is supported and what type features can be used.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Shmuel_G_Intel
Employee

Ph3ar, if you want to identify the version you have, you can use a tool like the iAMT-Scan, to be found here.
It will retieve for you information about the AMT version you have and other AMT settings.
0 Kudos
ph3ar
Beginner

if you want to identify the version you have, you can use a tool like the iAMT-Scan, to be found .

Thanks again for your effort Shmuel however this tool requires a working network environment and an operational amt enabled system.

Let me be more clear, I would like an accurate offline reference (e.g a manual) which could mention that this chipset, this notebook, this desktop and/or these hardware specifications support the following AMT versions.
0 Kudos
Shmuel_G_Intel
Employee
Quoting - ph3ar
Let me be more clear, I would like an accurate offline reference (e.g a manual) which could mention that this chipset, this notebook, this desktop and/or these hardware specifications support the following AMT versions.

Ph3ar, looks like what you're looking for can be found at the [Intel vPro technology "Activation-Ready" PC] list. It includes relations between OEM models, chipsets and AMT versions.

Additionally, you can navigate http://ark.intel.com to learn about exact boards and AMT versions of the different platforms.

(Informations provided by Josh from the Intel vPro Expert Center)
0 Kudos
ph3ar
Beginner
Thanks again Shmuel however it's a bit complicated to search information on http://ark.intel.com since I need to search on any possible chipset and or processor, unfortunately there is no AMT category.

0 Kudos