Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Intel-SA-00086 Detection Tool / Intel Management Engine Problems

Claus1
Beginner

Hi,

First time posting, so hopefully someone can help me.

I have an DELL XPS 8700 and after a Video Card update I ran into some boot/restart problems so in another formun they sugested to update the Intel ME driver.

For your reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/31jam9/computer_will_not_restart_it_will_only_boot_if/

I have now updated the Intel ME it to the latest version 11.7.0.1057 and it is listed in the device manager with that version, but it didnt fix the problem.

While i was searching for the Intel ME update I came across the Intel-SA-00086 Detection Tool and when i run it now it still mentions a Intel ME version of 9.1.26.1006.

So i am wondering if this may be the problem, that I run two different versions at the same time.

Hopefully sombody can help.

Thanks

Santa

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Greetings

The issue is that you are getting data from 2 different sources. The ME Driver (OS level) and the actual ME firmware, hence the version discrepancy.

As to what OS driver you should be using, check with the Dell sIte. The ME firmware gets updated with the BIOS and that can be found at the Dell site as well.

Joe

0 Kudos
Claus1
Beginner

Hello Joe,

Thanks for the feedback.

I checked on the dell website and my BIOS is updated to the latest version: A13. Still my Intel ME didnt get updated to version 11.x

Also all my other drivers are updated completly. Is there a way to update the Intel ME firmware manually?

I am quite sure that this could fix my reboot problem.

Thanks for the support.

Santa

0 Kudos
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Greetings

You will not be able to update your BIOS from 9.1.x to an 11.x firmware. However, the 11.x ME driver should be fine. For in-depth assistance contact someone in the Intel vPro Expert Center

Joe

0 Kudos