Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Intel® System Defense Utility 2.2.0

E_V_
Beginner

Why was the signature revoked by Intel for the System Defense Utility? Is it safe to use? Are there plans to update the utility? I found it very easy to use to find computers on the network with vPro and perform some functions. 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Greetings,

It looks like the certificate that the file was signed with has expired, hence the error message. I will see what I can do about getting the file updated.

Joe

0 Kudos
E_V_
Beginner

Any update?

0 Kudos
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

The developers has been informed and I am waiting on an ETA.

0 Kudos
MartinLloyd
Employee

Use http://www.meshcommander.com/. It's open source, supports AMT KVM, Active Directory authentication and TLS.

0 Kudos
E_V_
Beginner

I already do. I prefer System Defense Utility because it can pick up all AMT computers in a GUI. 

0 Kudos
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

There should be a new drop of System Defense Utility in the next few days. So stay tuned!

0 Kudos
E_V_
Beginner

Any update when the official update will arrive?

0 Kudos
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

The System Defense Utility has been update to 2.2.1 on the download center

0 Kudos
E_V_
Beginner

Oh. I looked at the date on the page and assumed that it was never updated. I'd think that they would also add official support for Windows 10. 

0 Kudos
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Hey E.V.

The latest System Defense Utility 2.2.1, should work on Win10 perfectly since it’s compiled for .NET 4.5. If you find an issue let us know. I will see about updating the list of supported OS

Joe

0 Kudos