Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Intel(r) AMT Searches based on Tags

Gael_H_Intel
Hi Everyone,

We are trying something new here with topics in our forum. We know a lot of our customers do try to search for similar questions before they enter their own on the forum so we thought we would try to make the searching a little easier. You may have noticed that every discussion has at leasat one "Tag" associated with it. We now tag every question that comes in based on on its topic (i.e. AMTSCS, AMTSOLIDER, AMTCONNECTION, etc.) Our tags are one word starting with AMT. This Announcement will have all of our tags associated with it. The way the Tags work, is you can click on the Tag of interest and then you will be presented with all the other forum or blogs that have been tagged with that topic.

Please let us know how this works for you! Oh and just for fun, I blogged about our tags too - you can read more HERE.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
jacace
New Contributor I
Hi Everyone,

We are trying something new here with topics in our forum. We know a lot of our customers do try to search for similar questions before they enter their own on the forum so we thought we would try to make the searching a little easier. You may have noticed that every discussion has at leasat one "Tag" associated with it. We now tag every question that comes in based on on its topic (i.e. AMTSCS, AMTSOLIDER, AMTCONNECTION, etc.) Our tags are one word starting with AMT. This Announcement will have all of our tags associated with it. The way the Tags work, is you can click on the Tag of interest and then you will be presented with all the other forum or blogs that have been tagged with that topic.

Please let us know how this works for you! Oh and just for fun, I blogged about our tags too - you can read more HERE.

Hi Gael,

It's justa suggestion: when people is goingto create a new thread the forum system could search for similar topics and show them.

Javier Andrs Cceres Alvis
Blog Personal: http://speechflow.spaces.live.com/
0 Kudos
RBens2
Valued Contributor I
Gael,

It would be helpful if we could see a page were all of the tags were listed. Then it would be easier to try to directly try the link. So, a search page with a listing of all of the available tags would be useful.

Thanks,
Roger
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - rogerb
Gael,

It would be helpful if we could see a page were all of the tags were listed. Then it would be easier to try to directly try the link. So, a search page with a listing of all of the available tags would be useful.

Thanks,
Roger

Roger and Javier both have great suggestions. Javier - I'll ask to see if your request is "doable" with our current interface (I think it would take some software dev to get there.) Roger - I have access to a page that "tries" to do this but only gives me "Most popular tags" and Tags that have been used in the last week, even though it says "All Tags" - so there is a bug here. I have filed a bug tracker on this.
0 Kudos
philippeweb
Beginner
thanks for suggestion and sharing
0 Kudos
jcf2q
Beginner
Thanks Gael,
Makes sense as many times the titles or what they wrote might not have the variations of keywords in there.. it did help me bring up some better searches, but the small words seem broken.. okay though; I'll just put in some elbow grease and scroll. =o
0 Kudos
fintos
Beginner
Yes this will be very ver helpfull if we find the technique to find such a page.
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Please refer to the list of tags at the top of this thread.

0 Kudos