Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Local Manageability Service Taking 50% CPU

johnmsawicki
Beginner

I have recently purchased a new desktop with INTEL CORE2 CPU 6600@2.40 GHz and 4GM of RAM running Vista Home Premium OS. I noticed that the LMS.EXE file was taking 50% of my CPU processing power. I was told that this was because it was a new system and that this condition would last a few days since the LMS was collecting data from my system, but that it would eventually stop. It did stop for a couple of days but now it is back to using 50% of the CPU constantly. Is this a normal situation?????

I've checked my system and it seems that there are two LMS.exe files on the computer. One is located in my C:|Program filesIntel desktop display boardLMS_SOL_5.2.0.101 and the second location is C:Program filesIntelAMT. Both versions are 2.1.2.1028.

Any guidance in rectifyingthis situation would be extremely appreciated.

John

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Did you get the LMS file from the OEM? Can you check the task manager and see how many LMS instances are running?

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
johnmsawicki
Beginner
Hi Sree......Yes the LMS file was already loaded when I got the computer...and task manager only show 1 LMS is running
0 Kudos
johnmsawicki
Beginner
acutally SREE...I found two processes running one is (LMS.exe )and the other is lower case (lms.exe)
0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Could you uninstall both of them and re-install the one under AMT folder?

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos