Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

MANAGEABILITY ENGINE ME CHANNEL A DIMM

aatish
Beginner

Dear all

(if this is not the proper forUm of this type of questions, please refer me to the correct location. thanx)

I have three problems (please note my system information at the end of the thread,including OS,Board & memory)

my BIOS shows this warning at start up (on boot up)

please what is this and how to remove?

Device Manager

you can see one drive is missing in my system, what is that??? how to recover??

Note: i think that problem 1 & 2 are two aspects of the same issue.

please rectify the issue.

whenever i connect my scroll mouse with my system (before powering on my system). after loading xp, both(mouse and keyboard stops working)

While if i try to boot with a simple mouse (non scrolled mouse), every thing goes OK

Note: if i load xp with my old non scrolled mouse and after loading, connect my scroll mouse(PS/2) , systems remains stable, keyboard ok.mouse ok

System Information

Operating System: Windows XP Pro (5.1, Build 2600) SP 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: INTEL
System Model: DG43NB
BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/03/08 17:44:53 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel Core2 Quad CPUQ8400@ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: 2010MB RAM
Page File: 938MB used, 2964MB available

kindly reply to resolve and identify the issues

Regards,
Aatish
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - aatish

Dear all

(if this is not the proper forUm of this type of questions, please refer me to the correct location. thanx)

I have three problems (please note my system information at the end of the thread,including OS,Board & memory)

my BIOS shows this warning at start up (on boot up)

please what is this and how to remove?

Device Manager

you can see one drive is missing in my system, what is that??? how to recover??

Note: i think that problem 1 & 2 are two aspects of the same issue.

please rectify the issue.

whenever i connect my scroll mouse with my system (before powering on my system). after loading xp, both(mouse and keyboard stops working)

While if i try to boot with a simple mouse (non scrolled mouse), every thing goes OK

Note: if i load xp with my old non scrolled mouse and after loading, connect my scroll mouse(PS/2) , systems remains stable, keyboard ok.mouse ok

System Information

Operating System: Windows XP Pro (5.1, Build 2600) SP 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: INTEL
System Model: DG43NB
BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/03/08 17:44:53 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel Core2 Quad CPUQ8400@ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: 2010MB RAM
Page File: 938MB used, 2964MB available

kindly reply to resolve and identify the issues

Regards,
Aatish

Well, you seem to have an Intel AMT system. (Active Management Technology/vPro). Do you have memory in slot 0? AMT uses the DIMM that is physically in the first memory bank.

On the error that shows up in your Device manager - it looks like the Manageability Drivers are not installed on your system, or it is complaining because of there not being a DIMM in slot 0.

If you want to utilize Active Management Technology then we will need to resolve these errors - if not, you might check your bios settings and see if there is an option to disable Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) - doing this might get rid of the errors and if you aren't using AMT then they don't matter.

Which system are you working with? (OEM? model?)
0 Kudos