Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Outpost exec command gives 'Access Denied'

hoang_uong
Beginner
I watched the tutorial video on Outpost and I am able to connect to a remote AMT machine using Outpost. When I try to 'exec ', I have 'Access Denied' message.
How can I make this work ?

Thanks,

--hoang

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Which version of AMT are you using? Also could you provide the DTK version? While connected to the remote system using Outpost, if you type help at the prompt, are you able to see the commands supported? Also, can you see the list of processes running on that system with the ps command?

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
hoang_uong
Beginner
Sree,

AMT version 2.1.0
I installed:
heci..._2.1.22.1026_pv.exe
lms_sol_..._5.2.0.1019_pv.exe

DTK version ...._v0.38f.exe

I can execute 'help', 'time', 'ps' and they all work fine. except 'exec'

Thanks,

-hoang
0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

It seems like a privelage issue for executing system commands. If that is the case, if you attempt to kill a running process that should also return the same error. Is your AMT system a clean Windows installation? Is there any environment settings that prevent remote admin access to that system?

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
hoang_uong
Beginner
Sree,
This is a clean Windows Xp installation .
Let me play around more with this to see if I have any luck and I will inform you.

-hoang
0 Kudos
hoang_uong
Beginner
Sree,
Thanks a lot, you are right.
I need to invoke Outpost, click 'serial agent' tab and set permission 'allow' to all the item listed in the 'action' list (it was deny by default)
Every thing is fine now.

Thanks again,

-hoang
0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

No problem. Glad to know that the issue is solved.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos