Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

Please help.... Intel(R) AMT error "Change Rejected"

Roseele_Dahang
Beginner

Hi Experts,

I/we(with my group) have been setting up Fixed IP(Disabled DHCP) on MEBx TCP/IP with no luck...
Can someone please help me/us whats the technique to succesfully change TCP/IP settings for FixedIP?
what are its requirements before setting up MEBx?

on our local set-up we have:
1 Lan connection (1 mac address)
5.5.8.1 BIOS version

192.168.100.9 IP
255.255.255.0 subnet
0.0.0.0 Default gateway
0.0.0.0 DNS Server
0.0.0.0 Alternate DNS Server

on Windows network IP:
IP was not automatically obtained
IP: 192.168.100.10
subnet mask : 255.255.255.0

DNS was not automatically obtained
DNS and Alternate : 0.0.0.0

Sincerely Thanks,
Sel

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RBens2
Valued Contributor I
Quoting - Roseele Dahang

Hi Experts,

I/we(with my group) have been setting up Fixed IP(Disabled DHCP) on MEBx TCP/IP with no luck...
Can someone please help me/us whats the technique to succesfully change TCP/IP settings for FixedIP?
what are its requirements before setting up MEBx?

on our local set-up we have:
1 Lan connection (1 mac address)
5.5.8.1 BIOS version

192.168.100.9 IP
255.255.255.0 subnet
0.0.0.0 Default gateway
0.0.0.0 DNS Server
0.0.0.0 Alternate DNS Server

on Windows network IP:
IP was not automatically obtained
IP: 192.168.100.10
subnet mask : 255.255.255.0

DNS was not automatically obtained
DNS and Alternate : 0.0.0.0

Sincerely Thanks,
Sel

Hi Sel,

What behavior are you seeing? How is the setup failing? Are the setting getting rejected by MEBx? Are the packets not arriving at the destination? Are packets not departing from the correct ports? Please provide some details on the nature of the failure.

Thanks,
Roger
0 Kudos
dj_zone_2
Beginner
I'm experiencing the same problem ... in MEBx to insert static IP, mask, gateway, dns (null), domain (null because it is test point to point) to go after the domain configuration it returns the error "Intel AMT Error - Change Rejected."
this message is unusual because in other machines running the same version of firmware to create provisioning.
Sorry for the failures of English that message was created from www.translate.google.com.br.
Thank you.
Rodrigo Moraes
0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
Hi Rodrigo,
Let me ask some of the same questions roger did.

1. What version of AMT do you have? You should be able to check this in the IMSS in the OS.
2.You just want to set up AMT with a static address, correct? I believe you should just be able to set the IP address (and Mask) and the host name, and then enable either SMB mode or manual configuration. Which you use depends on the AMT version.
0 Kudos
dj_zone_2
Beginner
Hi Roger.

The AMT firmware version 3.2.10.1041 is updated from the Lenovo Web site, the machine is a M57p.
Actually I'd like to do a test by connecting two machines vpro point to point and therefore need the static IP. but the error occurs in the situation of static ip.
MEBx following settings:

Provisioning SMALL BUSINESS

INTEL AMT CONFIG.
TCP / IP
NETWORK ELABLE (Y);
DHCP ENABLE (N);
IP: 192.168.0.1 (only for test);
Mask: 255.255.255.0;
Default gateway 0.0.0.0;
Preferred DNS 0.0.0.0;
Alternative DNS 0.0.0.0
Domain name (null);
... After confirming field it returns the error: "Intel AMT Error - Change Rejected"
and aborts the setup. I am setting up the machine out of any network that can influence the error?
It seems that he rejects any parameter that I insert, but on another machine but with amt in version (4 .(...)) the same configuration works.
Do you have any idea What can it be?

Thanks Roger.
0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Why is your domain name empty (your pc doesn'tbelong to a workgroup/domain)?

Javier Andrs Cceres Alvis

Microsoft MVP - Windows Phone

Intel Black Belt - AMT

0 Kudos
dj_zone_2
Beginner
let me get this straight ... I need a domain / workgroup for sharing resources AMT ... because I thought he looked from one iP address.
had not thought that way ... I'll do a test with a workgroup to know the result.
0 Kudos
RBens2
Valued Contributor I
Hi dj_zone,

Please don't confuse a Windows Domain with a DNS domain. For AMT 3, you do need to set the dns domain name, but it only needs to be a placeholder, so you can use something like, amt.local. When you connect to the AMT target by IP address, it doesn't care about the domain name. The domain name only comes into effect if you turn on TLS, try to connect by machine name, or try to use any certificate based security. For just testing AMT on a deadnet, you don't need any further infrastructure, although DHCP does work much better than static IPs.

Regards,
Roger
0 Kudos
proximityinfotech3
in MEBx to insert static IP, mask, gateway, dns (null), domain (null because it is test point to point) to go after the domain configuration it returns the error "Intel AMT Error - Change Rejected."

0 Kudos
RBens2
Valued Contributor I

I don't mean to offend, but you didn't read my post; you MUST supply the domain name before AMT will configure through MEBx. The domain name is only a placeholder, if you don't have DNS implemented, but it does have to be set to something. Please try the experiment again, but this time, set the domain name to something like, amt.net.

Regards,
Roger

0 Kudos