Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Realtek AC'97 Audio problem

fsc01
Beginner
I have Intel Celeron 1.7 GHZ processor
Motherboard ID 07/22/2002-i845E-W83627H-6A69VZ1GC-00
Motherboard Name Tomato Board A845E

Under Control Panel-Hardware-Device Manager-Sound, video and game controllers, Realtek AC'97 Audio, a yellow bang (!) appears.
doublclicking this device gives the following on screen :

Driver date: 02/08/2006
Driver version: 5.10.0.6020
Driver license ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_8086109D&REV_01\3&13C0B0C5&0&FD

Device status: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Resource setting: This device is not using any resource because it has a problem.

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

even after reinstalling the latest drivers installed from Intel site, or after installing the drivers from motherboard CD, I'm getting the same message.

Please advice me
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - fsc01
I have Intel Celeron 1.7 GHZ processor
Motherboard ID 07/22/2002-i845E-W83627H-6A69VZ1GC-00
Motherboard Name Tomato Board A845E

Under Control Panel-Hardware-Device Manager-Sound, video and game controllers, Realtek AC'97 Audio, a yellow bang (!) appears.
doublclicking this device gives the following on screen :

Driver date: 02/08/2006
Driver version: 5.10.0.6020
Driver license ID: PCIVEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_8086109D&REV_013&13C0B0C5&0&FD

Device status: This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Resource setting: This device is not using any resource because it has a problem.

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

even after reinstalling the latest drivers installed from Intel site, or after installing the drivers from motherboard CD, I'm getting the same message.

Please advice me

Hello,
This forum is dedicated to answering questions regarding developing Software for Intel Active Management Technology. You will need to send your request to the Intel Customer Support email.

Thanks
0 Kudos
reen
Beginner
Hello..
I'm having the same problem. I get the msg: This device cannot start(codec10).m having AC'97 Realtek in my system. I had Sigmatel before, but then I had to change my motherboard, Realtek was installed in it. It worked fine, but now I re installed windows and get this error. I have re installed this couple of times, but still Im facing problems. I also tried the codecs. Ive mailed on this address too what you have given. Plz advice me, where I can get the correct driver. I get PCI0, device 17, function5. and that :the device cannot start(codec10)error.
Plz help me.
And tell me if there's a correct thread to post this coz I cant find where to post this,I found the same prob. so Im posting here, sorry for that.
Plz let me know in which area I can find the answer.

Thankyou.
Regards,
Reen!
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
Hi Reen,
Unfortunately we do not have the expertise in this forum to help with your issue.
The email support listed above is the best bet to get help.You may also want to seek support from the device manufacturer.
0 Kudos