Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Recover from un-provision

bedearth
Beginner
Can someone point a newbie in the right direction for recovering from'un-provisioning' an amt client? I can no longer access the AMT BIOS Extensions on an Intel SE7230NH1 LX motherboard. Am I right in concluding that the Director tool can re-provision my board back to factory condition?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gael_H_Intel

Hi There,
There is no version of the Director that will support AMT 1.0 provisioning. Also, AMT 1.0 did not support TLS/PSK or TLS/PKI-CH. But it did support enterprise provisioning in the clear using digest authentication over http (no TLS of any kind was used during provision). In AMT 1.0 you had to change the MEbx Password and then provision with that digest password. Even the SCS does not support AMT 1.0. The only provision application I know of that supported 1.0 was provisioning sample code that shipped with the AMT 1.0 SDK. An isolated subnet was also required.

AMT 1.0 style provisioning was available until AMT 3.0 machines (if they were in 1.0 compatibility mode).You mightbe able to use the 2.0 or 3.0 SDK sample configuration application. Or you can also try this older version of the SCS, although I'm still trying to find out if it will work with AMT 1.0.

(Would provisioning in SMB work for you?)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - bedearth
Can someone point a newbie in the right direction for recovering from'un-provisioning' an amt client? I can no longer access the AMT BIOS Extensions on an Intel SE7230NH1 LX motherboard. Am I right in concluding that the Director tool can re-provision my board back to factory condition?

Hi there and thanks for posting your question on our forum!

If you are a newbie, you might want to go check out the "Start Here Guide." Generally, if you have un-provisioned your system, you will need to re-provision it. Are you saying that now when you are booting your system, the CTRL-P is no longer showing up? On some systems, you have to enter the BIOs settings and that's where the AMT and ME configuration is done. Did you used to have the CTRL-P option when booting? And also, which OEM's system is this? The different OEMs usually have documentation on their websites that explain how to set up their AMT systems. You may have to clear the CMOS by unplugging the system, removing the CMOS battery for 15 seconds, and then re-boot.

You also might want to check out the videos we have on the Developer's Community web page.

And yes, you can use the Director tool to provision the system again. You can also check out the new light-weight SCS tool that we just placed in our downloads. We will be adding videos and a use case document on that tool as well.
0 Kudos
bedearth
Beginner
Thanks for the quick reply Gael! Actually I already have solved the problem as I finally founda thread that discussed the clearing of CMOS which did the trick. Brain fog was setting in as this was my first day on this subject and I had read many of the documents & viewed many of the videos (so many trees in the way, where is the forest?). Anyway, I will continue to read & educate myself but I would like to ask a further question. Is there someplace I can download a previous version of AMT directer (AMT DTK?) because the current version ofManagebility Director says it can't work with AMT version 1.0. I only have this one board (retail Intel SE7230NH1LX) to use as my training platform. Thanks again for your time.
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Hi There,
There is no version of the Director that will support AMT 1.0 provisioning. Also, AMT 1.0 did not support TLS/PSK or TLS/PKI-CH. But it did support enterprise provisioning in the clear using digest authentication over http (no TLS of any kind was used during provision). In AMT 1.0 you had to change the MEbx Password and then provision with that digest password. Even the SCS does not support AMT 1.0. The only provision application I know of that supported 1.0 was provisioning sample code that shipped with the AMT 1.0 SDK. An isolated subnet was also required.

AMT 1.0 style provisioning was available until AMT 3.0 machines (if they were in 1.0 compatibility mode).You mightbe able to use the 2.0 or 3.0 SDK sample configuration application. Or you can also try this older version of the SCS, although I'm still trying to find out if it will work with AMT 1.0.

(Would provisioning in SMB work for you?)

0 Kudos