Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Redirection Port Parameter

jacace
New Contributor I

Hi there,

This is a feedback: I'm working the redirection interface in SMB and Enterprise machines and I can see by using Commander that there is a parameter called "Redirection Port", which one can takes a value of true or false.

The problem is that this is the only way to see it; I mean, for example I'm using SCS for Enterprise provisioned machines and this parameter does not apper in the machine profile (where it's supossed to be); in other hand, SMB provisioned machines does not have this parameter in BIOS settings.

Please confirm this is valid,

Thanks a lot,

Javier Andrs Cceres Alvis

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

Javier,

This is exposing the SetRedirectionListenerState API Call (found in the Service API's section in the Network Interface guide). To be honest, I'm not sure why you'd want to call this function, if the listener is disabled both SOL and IDE-R will be disabled. There isn't a way to set this in either the MEBx or through SCS, presumably because if you want to enable or disable SOL and IDE-R you already have functionality to do so.

Andy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

Javier,

This is exposing the SetRedirectionListenerState API Call (found in the Service API's section in the Network Interface guide). To be honest, I'm not sure why you'd want to call this function, if the listener is disabled both SOL and IDE-R will be disabled. There isn't a way to set this in either the MEBx or through SCS, presumably because if you want to enable or disable SOL and IDE-R you already have functionality to do so.

Andy

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Javier,

Andy

Hello Andy,

I called that APi in my development and that's the way I solved it.

I had to call it cause the parameteris disabledafter provision the machine in Enterprise mode with SCS (I mean, no matter if IDE-R/SOL is enabled causeparameter keeps disabled after provisioning).

Thanks,

Javier Andrs Cceres Alvis

0 Kudos