Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Reinstalling and Enabling Intel AMT

postaquestion
Beginner

I own an Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook E8410 and I reistalled its Windows Vista Business Operating System. I also reinstalled the "Intel Active Management Technology" but it remains disabled. How can I enable it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Could you make sure that you have properly configured the Bios settings and have installed all the required drivers? You can refer to this document as a guide: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-active-management-technology-intel-amt-software-development-kit-sdk-start-here-guide

Let us know if you are still having the issue.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

When you say that you reinstalled the "Intel Active Management Technology" do you mean all the drivers that came with your system? (the firmware should have been fine as it is OS agnostic)

By disabled, do you mean that the Status Icon says that it is disabled? (if so - try reinstalling all the drivers (especially the network drivers) that came with the system.

If the problem is that you cannot access the web UI, check to make sure firewalls aren't on and that you can ping into the AMT system as well as out.

0 Kudos