Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

SCS Console operation errors

jacace
New Contributor I

Hi there,

I have been paying attention to console operation logs after reapplying configuration and I'm interested in undestanding this one:

Date and time: 9/18/2007 10:43:35 AM
Severity: Error
Error Code: 2202
Server name: TFSRTM
User name: AMTadmin
Platform UUID: 92CF7A0B-094A-DC11-9622-00E018889BFA
Platform FQDN:
Operation ID: 471
Description: Error Configuring Intel AMT device: Failed to connect to configured Intel AMT device at FQDN LINTVPRO-PC.AMT.LOCAL: AMT Connection Error: SOAP Error [24]: "getFullCoreVersion: Fault: 'No Data' : Details: 'get host by name failed in tcp_connect()'".

The AMT device is configured OK, but I can see error logs likeone above andI can notaccess it by itsWeb UI (and of course it's Web UI profileenabled),so I think these issues are related each other.

Many thanks,

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
I'm beginning to think these might be two seperate issues, one to do with connecting to SCS and one to do with the reapplying the configuration.
First, what is the exact name and password you're trying to connect with? The password that is stored in SCS is for the "admin" user. In SMB mode the two passwords are set the same, so the MEBx password is the same as the admin account password. When using the default profile in SCS, the standard behavior is to set a randomized password for the "admin" user.
Another important thing to note is that the password can contain special characters. Down in our lab, I thought something was wrong with the password displayed, but it ends up I was misreading the password. The password I had was "M6JV3dH|". The last character was a vertical line (on US keyboards, shift and backslash), it's possible you have something similar in your password.
Another possibility is that the password got changed through the WebUI. From what you're describing that isn't the case, but it might be worth removing the system from SCS, unprovisioning the system, and then reprovisioning. To avoid confusion it might be helpful to change the default profile from using a randomized password, and to use a standard password for all systems that are provisioned in that profile. Or, you could setup a second user account that has a standard password. That will at least let you troubleshoot the issue with the WebUI.
Andy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

Javiar,

This looks like it's not able to resolve the FQDN (LINTVPRO-PC.MT.LOCAL) correctly. If you ping that FQDN, can you find it? You could also try connecting to the web interface with IP addressinstead of FQDN, if that works then SCS isn't resolving the FQDN correctly.

This could be related to configuring the DHCP server to handle DNS registration of the AMT device, there's documentation about this starting at the bottom of page 104 in the SCS Installation guide (Edit: I forgot to add the title of the section, it's "Registering Intel AMT Devices in the DNS")

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Hello Andres,

I installed DHCP (It was missing) and re-configured server again and I don't get those erroes now but when I tried to re-apply configuration in log appeared these entries:

2007.09.25,16:19:46,SUCCESS,SERVER=1,USER=AMTadmin,THREAD=652,SOURCE=.WorkersWorkerThread.cpp,LINE=116,
Configuring Intel AMT device started.
2007.09.25,16:19:46,INFORMATIONAL,SERVER=1,USER=AMTadmin,THREAD=652,SOURCE=.WorkersProvisionerWorker.cpp,LINE=23,
Enter provisioner worker, user AMTadmin
2007.09.25,16:20:16,SUCCESS,SERVER=1,USER=AMTadmin,THREAD=652,SOURCE=.AMTConnectionAMTConnection.cpp,LINE=315,
The SOAP connection with connection parameter set #1 failed: WS-Management [13]: "Error calling WSMan getFullCoreVersion(CIM_SoftwareIdentity.Get): TCP error".
2007.09.25,16:20:16,SUCCESS,SERVER=1,USER=AMTadmin,THREAD=652,SOURCE=.AMTConnectionAMTConnection.cpp,LINE=315,
The SOAP connection with connection parameter set #2 failed: WS-Management [1]: "Error calling WSMan getFullCoreVersion(CIM_SoftwareIdentity.Get): General WSMan error".
The SOAP connection with connection parameter set #3 failed: AMT Connection Error: SOAP Error [-1]: "getFullCoreVersion: SOAP Unknown error".
The SOAP connection with connection parameter set #4 failed: AMT Connection Error: SOAP Error [26]: "getFullCoreVersion: Fault: 'EOF was observed that violates the protocol. The client probably provided invalid authentication information.' : Details: 'SSL connect failed in tcp_connect()'".
The SOAP connection with connection parameter set #5 failed: AMT Connection Error: SOAP Error [26]: "getFullCoreVersion: Fault: 'EOF was observed that violates the protocol. The client probably provided invalid authentication information.' : Details: 'SSL connect failed in tcp_connect()'".
The SOAP connection with connection parameter set #6 failed: AMT Connection Error: SOAP Error [26]: "getFullCoreVersion: Fault: 'EOF was observed that violates the protocol. The client probably provided invalid authentication information.' : Details: 'SSL connect failed in tcp_connect()'".
The SOAP connection with connection parameter set #7 failed: AMT Connection Error: SOAP Error [26]: "getFullCoreVersion: Fault: 'EOF was observed that violates the protocol. The client probably provided invalid authentication information.' : Details: 'SSL connect failed in tcp_connect()'".
2007.09.25,16:20:16,ERROR,SERVER=1,USER=AMTadmin,THREAD=652,SOURCE=.WorkersWorkerThread.cpp,LINE=145,
Error Configuring Intel AMT device: Failed to connect to configured Intel AMT device at FQDN LINTVPRO-PC.AMT.LOCAL: AMT Connection Error: SOAP Error [26]: "getFullCoreVersion: Fault: 'EOF was observed that violates the protocol. The client probably provided invalid authentication information.' : Details: 'SSL connect failed in tcp_connect()'".
2007.09.25,16:21:09,SUCCESS,SERVER=1,USER=AMTadmin,THREAD=2016,SOURCE=.WorkersWorkerThread.cpp,LINE=116,
Maintenance started.
2007.09.25,16:21:09,INFORMATIONAL,SERVER=1,USER=AMTadmin,THREAD=2016,SOURCE=.WorkersMaintenanceWorker.cpp,LINE=20,
Enter Maintenance worker, user AMTadmin
2007.09.25,16:21:09,SUCCESS,SERVER=1,USER=AMTadmin,THREAD=2016,SOURCE=.WorkersWorkerThread.cpp,LINE=126,
Maintenance completed successfully.

I can't enter the Web UI.

Many thanks,
0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Iforgot to mention that in platform collection panel(SCS Console 5.0) platform is marked as configured with verion 3.2.1 but when I click on it tocheck deatils I can see in History tab the "Reaply Configuration" operation marked as Delayed".

Thanks,

Javier Andrs
0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Hello there,

I also forget to mention that before I installed DHCP server when I ping to AMT machine there was no reply, but now I can ping the FQDN ormachine name or machine IP and there is alwaysa reply.

Here another block of lastlog entries:

2007.09.25,16:36:09,SUCCESS,SERVER=1,USER=AMTadmin,THREAD=3844,SOURCE=.WorkersWorkerThread.cpp,LINE=116,
Maintenance started.

2007.09.25,16:36:09,INFORMATIONAL,SERVER=1,USER=AMTadmin,THREAD=3844,SOURCE=.WorkersMaintenanceWorker.cpp,LINE=20,
Enter Maintenance worker, user AMTadmin

2007.09.25,16:36:09,SUCCESS,SERVER=1,USER=AMTadmin,THREAD=3844,SOURCE=.WorkersWorkerThread.cpp,LINE=126,
Maintenance completed successfully.

2007.09.25,16:36:18,SUCCESS,SERVER=1,USER=AMTadmin,THREAD=1876,SOURCE=.WorkersWorkerThread.cpp,LINE=116,
Configuring Intel AMT device started.

2007.09.25,16:36:18,INFORMATIONAL,SERVER=1,USER=AMTadmin,THREAD=1876,SOURCE=.WorkersProvisionerWorker.cpp,LINE=23,
Enter provisioner worker, user AMTadmin
2007.09.25,16:36:48,SUCCESS,SERVER=1,USER=AMTadmin,THREAD=1876,SOURCE=.AMTConnectionAMTConnection.cpp,LINE=315,
The SOAP connection with connection parameter set #1 failed: WS-Management [13]: "Error calling WSMan getFullCoreVersion(CIM_SoftwareIdentity.Get): TCP error".

2007.09.25,16:36:48,SUCCESS,SERVER=1,USER=AMTadmin,THREAD=1876,SOURCE=.AMTConnectionAMTConnection.cpp,LINE=315,
The SOAP connection with connection parameter set #2 failed: WS-Management [1]: "Error calling WSMan getFullCoreVersion(CIM_SoftwareIdentity.Get): General WSMan error".

The SOAP connection with connection parameter set #3 failed: AMT Connection Error: SOAP Error [-1]: "getFullCoreVersion: SOAP Unknown error".

The SOAP connection with connection parameter set #4 failed: AMT Connection Error: SOAP Error [26]: "getFullCoreVersion: Fault: 'EOF was observed that violates the protocol. The client probably provided invalid authentication information.' : Details: 'SSL connect failed in tcp_connect()'".

The SOAP connection with connection parameter set #5 failed: AMT Connection Error: SOAP Error [26]: "getFullCoreVersion: Fault: 'EOF was observed that violates the protocol. The client probably provided invalid authentication information.' : Details: 'SSL connect failed in tcp_connect()'".

The SOAP connection with connection parameter set #6 failed: AMT Connection Error: SOAP Error [26]: "getFullCoreVersion: Fault: 'EOF was observed that violates the protocol. The client probably provided invalid authentication information.' : Details: 'SSL connect failed in tcp_connect()'".

The SOAP connection with connection parameter set #7 failed: AMT Connection Error: SOAP Error [26]: "getFullCoreVersion: Fault: 'EOF was observed that violates the protocol. The client probably provided invalid authentication information.' : Details: 'SSL connect failed in tcp_connect()'".

2007.09.25,16:36:48,ERROR,SERVER=1,USER=AMTadmin,THREAD=1876,SOURCE=.WorkersWorkerThread.cpp,LINE=145,
Error Configuring Intel AMT device: Failed to connect to configured Intel AMT device at FQDN LINTVPRO-PC.AMT.LOCAL: AMT Connection Error: SOAP Error [26]: "getFullCoreVersion: Fault: 'EOF was observed that violates the protocol. The client probably provided invalid authentication information.' : Details: 'SSL connect failed in tcp_connect()'".

Many thanks,

Javier Andrs
0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Hi there,
Any idea?
Thanks,
Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Hi there,
I'm still getting the same error.
Has anybody got the same one?
Thanks,
Javier Andrs Cceres Alvis

0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
Hi there,
I'm still getting the same error.
Has anybody got the same one?
Thanks,
Javier Andrs Cceres Alvis

Sorry I didn't reply sooner Javier, we just changed forums and I initially lost my e-mail updates that there were new posts.

It sounds like SCS wasn't able to fully provision the system, if "Delayed" is showing up in the status. If SCS got the hello packet, but wasn't able to get back to the system to finish the configuration (if there were DHCP problems this could happen), it wouldn't be fully configured. That would explain why the WebUI for the system isn't coming up, since until the AMT system hears back from SCS (or some other configuration server), it's not provisioned yet. One option is that you clear the system out of SCS and reprovision. You could either put Activator on the system to kick off hello packets again, or reset and reconfigure the AMT system.

The other possibility is that something isn't set right in the AMT system that is preventing SCS from connecting. How did you initially setup the AMT system for provisioning? Did you use a USB key, or did you manually enter data into the ME? For either option, could you tell me what options you set when you were configuring the AMT system?

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Hello Andrew,

Many thanks for your post. I have also found some issues regarding forums change.
Here my answers:
-I manually entered PID/PPS into the ME.
-I set these options: Provision Mode (Enterprise), OTC (PID/PPS), DHCP enabled& domain name.
-I have reset and reconfigure the AMT system many times with same result.
-I'm sure DHCP is working fine.
-The Delayed status is in Re-Apply configuration operation; I decided re applied configuration cause I'm notable to connect via Web UI.

Many Thanks,

Javier Andrs Cceres

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Hello Andrew,
Do you need I provide more information?
Many thanks,
Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

Hmm, possibly. Is SCS attempting to use the default profile? The reason I ask is that WebUI is enabled in the default profile. I find it very suspicious that SCS is finding the system initially, but then not only does the WebUI not work, but you also can't reapply changes.

Do you always have this behavior with the AMT system you're configuring? Or have you configured and had the WebUI work?

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hmm, possibly. Is SCS attempting to use the default profile? The reason I ask is that WebUI is enabled in the default profile. I find it very suspicious that SCS is finding the system initially, but then not only does the WebUI not work, but you also can't reapply changes.

Do you always have this behavior with the AMT system you're configuring? Or have you configured and had the WebUI work?

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for your reply. We have solved this issue by disable the DHCP in AMT machine Bios and setup a static one.

Now the machine looks configured in SCS Console but when I tried to access to WebUI with Admin Password shown in properties tab of platform settings window I got this error: "

Log on failed. Incorrect user name or password, or user account temporarily locked.

".

I also tries with MBex password with same result (but when I tried locally in bios it works).

Many thanks,

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel
Hi,
We are working on this. Will get back to you soon.
Thanks,
Sree

0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

I misinterpreted what you said Javier, I thought you meant that the WebUI wasn't working at all, not that you were getting a login failed when you tried to connect. So it sounds like things are better off than I thought.

Back to my question about the profile that SCS used, were you using the default profile, or did you create your own? And if you were using the default profile, was the WebUI still installed? Given that you're getting a log on failed message, I believe the WebUI is enabled, but I wanted to confirm.

I think we've replicated the behavior you're seeing in our lab, I'll look at it in more detail this afternoon and see if I can figure out what's going on.

Andy

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Hello Andrew,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, things are better now than when I did first post cause I'm able now to see the WebUI (WebUI is enabled)andcurrenterror is about a failed WebUIlogin.
Login error mentioned occurs with any adminpassword I tried (I have tried with the adminpassworddescribed inproperties tab of platform settings window and with MBex password -which one works OK when I loginin Bios-).
I used the default profile.
Many thanks,
Javier Andrs
0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Hello Andrew,
It's just to know if I need to provde further information?
Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
I'm beginning to think these might be two seperate issues, one to do with connecting to SCS and one to do with the reapplying the configuration.
First, what is the exact name and password you're trying to connect with? The password that is stored in SCS is for the "admin" user. In SMB mode the two passwords are set the same, so the MEBx password is the same as the admin account password. When using the default profile in SCS, the standard behavior is to set a randomized password for the "admin" user.
Another important thing to note is that the password can contain special characters. Down in our lab, I thought something was wrong with the password displayed, but it ends up I was misreading the password. The password I had was "M6JV3dH|". The last character was a vertical line (on US keyboards, shift and backslash), it's possible you have something similar in your password.
Another possibility is that the password got changed through the WebUI. From what you're describing that isn't the case, but it might be worth removing the system from SCS, unprovisioning the system, and then reprovisioning. To avoid confusion it might be helpful to change the default profile from using a randomized password, and to use a standard password for all systems that are provisioned in that profile. Or, you could setup a second user account that has a standard password. That will at least let you troubleshoot the issue with the WebUI.
Andy
0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hello Andrew,
I think you're a little confused about my current error.
I have opened a new post here:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=61142
The current error is about a failed login via WebUI. SCS is now OK and re-apply configuration is working fine.
So, I'm closing this thred for better understanding.
Here my ansmwres:
I'm sure it's not a misreading error.
I'm using the "admin" username and the randomized password generated by profile.
The password haven't got changed through the WebUI.
I have unprovision and reprovision the system with same results.
I also have created new profiles and re-apllied configuration for trying with a new randomized password but I got same error.
I have added new users (Digest and Active Directory) but I got same error.
I hace tried adding other account with a standard password but nothig happens.
Many thanks,
Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
Since this got split off into a new thread, and your question was answered in the new thread, I'll close this thread.
0 Kudos