Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

SOL Redirection data format

sohaib2y
Beginner
Hi there,

back again :)

I hv used SOL redirection, the way I implemented it is by creatig a local server and connecting windows telnet client to it. The behavior of the windows telnet client is not good sometimes.

Please tell me the format of data that is received when we use IMR_SOLReceiveText so I can implement my own app to display it, it looks to me that the protocol that is used is telnet ?

Or, if there is any free telnet client that behaves perfectly well, as AMT Commander works.

Thanks
Sohaib
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

You can use iAMTTerm.exe from DTK for this.

You could also try the Redirection package (SDK). This has got sample code for Windows to provide GUI support for terminal-like interface for SOL.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
sohaib2y
Beginner
Hi,

iAMTTerm.exe works perfectly. but the other samples in SDK dont run like that. I think that the new addition in Samples->Redirection package is the putty.exe tool, used as telnet client, it works evern worse than default windows telnet.

What other sample code is there in SDK for GUI support of SOL, actually I cant use iAMTTerm.exe because it requires .net framework.

It looks to me that a better telnet client can solve the problem with appropriate options, as u used -raw option ("putty.exe -raw ...") while running putty ... ?

thanks
Sohaib
0 Kudos
sohaib2y
Beginner
Hi,

I hv found a telnet client for java. that works better than other clients except iAMTTerm.exe. Here is the URL: http://javassh.org/space/start.

Sohaib
0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Great!!

Thank you very much for sharing this info with us.

Sree

0 Kudos
Ylian_S_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the feedback! Seems like I need to work on a Java port of IAmtTerm.exe. I was wondering why IAmtTerm.exe could not solve the problem for you? Is it a license issue? It needs .NET? Does not run on Linux? Let me know, just curious.

Ylian (Intel AMT Blog)

0 Kudos