Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

ThinkPad T410/T410s

jacace
New Contributor I

Hi,

According toGael's post the ThinkPad T410 / T410s models come with vPro, but it's not clear in Lenovo's documentation if these models come with vPro:

-ThinkPad T410 laptop

-ThinkPad T410s laptop with integrated/switchable graphics

I'm not sure toobecasue they don't meet all requirements. Should I ask to Lenovo?

Thank you!,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gael_H_Intel
Hi Javier,
As your post shows, you can mistakingly customize your notebook to not support all Intel AMT features. You need to make sure you select the correct wifi adapter and you need to make sure it has the Intel Integrated graphics card, otherwise it won't support KVM.And of course you have to choose the right processor (one that supports all the options that I listed in my first response.)

Do you know if Lenovo allows switching from their Nvidiagraphics to the Integrated graphics? I have heard that some OEMS do this.

Gael

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Hi Javier,
We have one of both, a T410 and a T401s and they do both support AMT. But there are things you must look for when configuring your system (all outlined in my blog that you referenced above.)

From the blog, we see the following:

Intel Core i5and Intel Core i7
-->Note: Not all i5 and i7 processors will support KVM - go to the following link and check to make sure the processor that ison the systemyou arewanting to purchase has "Integrated Graphics - YES." Additionally, you may be looking at a system that has all the necessary components and the OEM is evensaying thatithas Intel vPro Technology but if it has an NVIDIA Graphics card, it will not support the KVM feature.

Make sure that the system you want to order has an Integrated Graphics card - even though when you look up the processor on the ark.intel.com website it has "YES" for Integraded Graphics, it doesn't mean that the OEM will build their systems that way (I have an HP to prove it!)

Next - make sure you order your system with the correct wifi adapter: (the OEM systems often do not come with the wifi adapters that support Intel AMT - you may have to choose them.)

• Intel 82578LM Gigabit Network Connection
  • Notebooks: Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 (3x3) 802.11a/b/g/n
  • Notebooks: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 (2x2) 802.11a/b/g/n

But we are not done yet: When you go out to the ark.intel.com link to verify that you are looking at the right processor, you also need to verify that it supports the following:

• Intel Core i5 or Intel Core i7 with Intel VT and Intel TXT
  • Q57 Board
  • TPM 1.2 (TPM 1.2 can be removed to meet certain import restrictions)
  • Intel VT-x2 capable BIOS
  • Intel VT-d capable BIOS
  • Intel TXT capable BIOS
  • Intel AMT capable BIOS
  • Intel ME firmware 6.0 with Intel AMT 6.0 and Intel AT 2.0
  • Intel 82578DM GbE LAN (Desktop)
  • Intel 82577DM GbE LAN (Notebook)
It's as simple as that! :-)
Let me know if this helps, or if I just made matters worse.

--Gael
0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Hi Gael,

I asked the same in a Lenovo's forum and it seems that some ThinkPad T410/T410s are vPro and some other aren'tdue tothe "custom order system" doesn't have an option to specify it:
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/Do-the-ThinkPad-T410-T410s-support-Intel-vPro/m-p/248606/highlight/false#M29370

I lookedfor a way to specify the vPro/AMT featurein the Lenovo's "custom order system" andthis is what I found:

As the above picture shows, the System graphics feature is the only one whichmentions "AMT", so I guess that's the way to say Lenovo the laptop mustbe vPro because other components (including processor) don't say a thing about vPro:

Thanks a lot!

Javier Andrs Cceres Alvis
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Hi Javier,
As your post shows, you can mistakingly customize your notebook to not support all Intel AMT features. You need to make sure you select the correct wifi adapter and you need to make sure it has the Intel Integrated graphics card, otherwise it won't support KVM.And of course you have to choose the right processor (one that supports all the options that I listed in my first response.)

Do you know if Lenovo allows switching from their Nvidiagraphics to the Integrated graphics? I have heard that some OEMS do this.

Gael
0 Kudos