Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1380 Discussions

function keys issue with SOL Session (in Telnet)

ravi
Beginner
Hi,
We know that remote operation can be performed
by opening SOL session.

With SDK sample when we open SOL we can use
Putty or Telnet. we are using Telnet, but facing some
issues like Function keys, other control keys
can't able to use(mapping is not happening).

Even we are not able to operate this keys with
Terminal.exe and Commander.exe,

We are using Firmware 2.1 and SDK 3.0

Please suggest how to over come this problem.

One more dought , if i want use this
concepts in Java , is there any samples.

Thanks & Regards,
Ravi
0 Kudos
4 Replies
john_prothro
Beginner

Regarding Java... from a previous post...

http://javassh.org/space/start

0 Kudos
Ajith_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Ravi,

Can you let me know the OEM information, BIOS vendor and version of the AMT system? Are any keys working or none of the keys are working for you? We have posted an update to the SDK 3.0 that fixes some issues with SOL. You might want to try with that also.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

The behaviour of the Function Keys during an SOL session depend on what your specific terminal emulation expect (So they will need to be input differently than how you would do it withing the AMT Commander interface.)

Here is a link that might help you with your terminal emulation woes.

http://aperiodic.net/phil/archives/Geekery/term-function-keys.html

You could also try out these escape sequences:

F10 - [OM
F9 - [Op
F2 - [OQ
F1 - [OP

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
Ylian_S_Intel
Employee

Using Telnet as an Serial-over-LAN terminal is always going to be a problem because Telnet has it's own set of commands and various BIOS manufacturers use different F1 to F12 key mappings. My first suggestion is to use Intel AMT Terminal in the DTK. You can use it just like the Telnet application in Microsoft Windows:

IAmtTerm.exe [hostname] [port] (Optional window title) -s:(script)

It will act just like a telnet application, but you can change the key mappings to support various BIOS vendors. Of cource, you can also use IAmtTerm to connect directly to the other computer using Serial-over-LAN using the following:

IAmtTerm.exe -h: -u: -p: -t:(title) (-tls) -s:(script)

In this mode, IAmtTerm will also allow the user to perform IDE-R, remote operations, etc. The entire source code to the terminal is also avaialble so compagnies can customize it the way they like.

I hope this helps. I have tried Putty, Telnet, Hyperterm and others and there is nothing that really works.

Ylian (Intel AMT Blog)

0 Kudos