Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

1> warning #31001: The dll for reading and writing the pdb (for example, mspdb110.dll) could not be found on your path. This i

Michel_B_
Beginner

I have a clean install of Windows 7, Visual Studio 2013 and Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 SP 1 with all the available updates.

Compiling the following the program

#include <iostream>

int main(int ac, char* av[])
{
    std::cout << "Hello World!";
}

gives this error

1>  warning #31001: The dll for reading and writing the pdb (for example, mspdb110.dll) could  not be found on your path. This is usually a configuration error. Compilation will continue using /Z7 instead of /Zi, but expect a similar error when you link your program.

when having select to use the intel compiler by Project -> Intel Composer XE 2013 SP -> Use intel ... and after creating an x64 solution platform by going to configuration manager -> new -> x64 ( tried it both with and without copy of win32). I am at loss here, the win32 solution compiles without any problems, but would like to use the x64 platform.

Anyone an idea what is going wrong?

Ps. Merry Christmas!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JenniferJ

Try the workarounds in this article, and let me know if it helps.

Jennifer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JenniferJ

Try the workarounds in this article, and let me know if it helps.

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Michel_B_
Beginner

Thanks Jennifer! That worked perfectly! Thank you so much !

0 Kudos
Greg_S_3
Beginner

I have been experiencing similar problems relative to warning (#31001) regarding reading and writing the pdb. Also I get an error when I try to open the article that Jennifer J referred to so I cannot see what the solution might have been.  I have read some of the articles that pertain to this issue but I can not seem to resolve this on my system

I was a user of the 11.0 version of the compilier but recently had to upgrade to 14.0 (Composer XE 2013 SP1).  After making several attempts with both packages installed I decided to remove the old version.  To do this I uninstalled both versions of the compilier as well as all versions of visual studio and any stub directories left over after the uninstall.  After all the uninstalls I shutdown and reinstalled only 14.0.  I do not have a standalone version of visual studio - just what was bundled with 14.  The version that I have only supports command line compile.  It is interesting that for visual studio I now have entries in my start menu for both Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Express even though I had checked that I had removed any reference visual studio after the uninstalls.

When I use the "IA-32 Visual Studio 2012 mode - Windows" version of the command prompt with the -debug switch, everything seems to work properly.

When I use the "Intel 64 Visual Studio 2012 mode - Windows" vesion of the command prompt then I see this problem when I have the -debug switch in the command line:

warning #31001: The dll for reading and writing the pdb (for example, mspdb110.dll) could  not be found on your path. This is usually a configuration error. Compilation will continue using /Z7 instead of /Zi, but expect a similar error when you link your program.

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Greg,

There was a typo in the URL that Jennifer posted.  I fixed it a few seconds ago.  Please try to open it again.

Thanks.

0 Kudos