Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

10.1.017 missing eclipse? older releases?

andrew_nuss
Beginner
Hi,

I've been using version 9 for some time now. Just downloaded the latest (64-bit) and noticed first that there was no eclipse installation, where has that moved to? Also, wondering where I can still get the 9.x versions of the product. It used to be that you could access all of the older releases, and even revisions.

Andy
0 Kudos
8 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
"latest" is ambiguous, but as far as I know, the eclipse setup always has been part of the 32-bit installation.
At the bottom of the registrationcenter screen with the list of current tar files, there is an "other packages" selection menu for selection of old versions. I wouldn't recommend any 9.x other than the latest 9.1, so the fact that there appear to be bad links under 9.0 may not be important.
0 Kudos
William_H_Intel3
Employee

In 9.x releases we used to include an "Eclipse Package" on our kit. This was the Eclipse platform, CDT, and a few other things. In the 10.x time frame, we decided to stop including the base Eclipse platform and CDT components in order to cut down on the size of the kit. We still provide our compiler integration with Eclipse/CDT in our kit. Instructions for obtaining the base Eclipse components are in our product installation guide/release notes along with instructions for how you hook up our integration to your copy of Eclipse.

Hope that helps clear up any confusion.

Thanks for using our products.

Bill Hilliard

0 Kudos
andrew_nuss
Beginner
Thanks. I will look into that. But I am using (Intel) x86-64, not (Itanium) ia-64. (There isn't even a Java for Itanium is there so how can Eclipse plugin to ia-64.) Yet the documentation for my install seemed to imply that Eclipse was possible for Itanium 64 but not x86-64. (By the way, I tried to install the ia-64 product on my Athlon Linux and the install script complained, as I think it should.) Can you clear this up?
0 Kudos
William_H_Intel3
Employee

The 10.1 Intel product included two Intel compiler integrations as follows:

Intel integration version 3.1 was for use with Eclipse platform 3.2 and CDT 3.1. Our 3.1 integration supports ia32 and ia64 (Itanium). The Eclipse 3.2 platform and CDT version 3.1also support both ia32 and ia64. These versions of Eclipse and CDT also supported Intel 64 (x86_64), but our Intel 3.1 integration did not.

Intel integration version 4.0 was for use with Eclipse platform 3.3 and CDT 4.0. Our 4.0 integration supports ia32 and ia64 (Itanium). However, the Eclipse platform and CDT only supported ia32 of these two architectures, so only our ia32 integration is truly useful at this point in time. We include the ia64 integration in hopes that the Eclipse platform and CDT issues will be cleared up in the future. Also, it was still true that the Eclipse platform and CDT supported Intel 64 (x86_64) but our compiler integration did not.

If you are interested in x86_64 support, you might want to follow our 11.0 product which is in beta testing. We are introducing our first compiler integration support for Intel 64 (x86_64) in this release. It will also continue to support ia32. It will also continue to provide the ia64 compiler integration even though the Eclipse platform and CDT issues still remain.

Hope this helps...Bill

0 Kudos
andrew_nuss
Beginner

Hi Bill,

I was under the impression that there are currently 3 products in Linux - ia64, ia32, and (Intel) 64 for x86-64. The latter did install under my Fedora 6-64 system and state that it was working correctly. I am a little confused.

Andy

0 Kudos
William_H_Intel3
Employee

In any x86_64 Intel compiler product previous to 11.0 beta, there should not be an Intel Eclipse compiler integration in the kit. What Intel kit (exact name/version) are you installing on the Fedora system?

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos
andrew_nuss
Beginner
Hi Bill,

I'm using l_cc_p_10.1.017_intel64.tar, not ia64. It installs successfully. Indeed, there is no iccec or anything like that in the bin folder.

Is there any easy technique for taking a managed make file from an Eclipse 32 build, and using it as is or with modifications on x86-64?

Andy
0 Kudos
William_H_Intel3
Employee

It should just work for you unless you have selected compile or link options that would not work on x86_64. If you move your build, keep in mind the makefiles areassuming a directory layout like that in your eclipse project.

Bill

0 Kudos