Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

2021.2.0 CPP Compiler PGO error

adamlevar
Beginner

I'm unable to get program guided optimization to work with the latest C+ compiler release.

llvm-prof fails with the following error:

Instrumenting project 'project'...
Executing 'project'
Merging data...
Executing 'llvm-profdata.exe'
Error: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\compiler\2021.2.0\windows\bin\llvm-profdata.exe returned error code 1

warning: project.profraw: Unsupported instrumentation profile format version
error: No profiles could be merged.

Any ideas?  

I've tried to replace llvm-profdata with LLVM latest version, and 11.0 without success.

Thanks for your help! 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi Adam,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I could successfully use program guided optimization to work with latest C++ compiler release.

Please elaborate the steps you followed to achieve program guided optimization and provide a small reproducer if possible.

Alternatively, you can follow the steps provided in the below links:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/cpp-compiler-developer-guide-and-reference/top/optimization-and-programming-guide/profile-guided-optimization-pgo/profile-an-application-with-instrumentation.html#profile-an-application-with-instrumentation

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/cpp-compiler-developer-guide-and-reference/top/optimization-and-programming-guide/profile-guided-optimization-pgo/profile-guided-optimization-report.html

Let me know if issue persists.

Regards,

Arpita

0 Kudos
adamlevar
Beginner

Hi Arpita,

Thanks for your suggestion.  I was able to get PGO to work with the command line options once I switched to the C++ classic compiler.

Regards,

Adam

0 Kudos
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi Adam,

Its good to know that your issue is resolved. Can I go ahead and close this thread?

Regards,

Arpita

0 Kudos
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the confirmation. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Arpita

0 Kudos