Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

ATTN: Jennifer/Dale/Brandon - ICC 11.0.26 cannot compile in debug mode in VS2008

levicki
Valued Contributor I

Is this a known issue or should I submit it to Premier Support?

I just tried compiling a project in debug mode and I get the following error in Visual Studio output window:

1>icl: command line error: use of '/fp:' option along with a floating point precision option not supported

As you know /fp:fast is the default and it cannot be undone. Command line looks like this:

/c /Od /D "WIN32" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "_UNICODE" /D "UNICODE" /Gm /EHsc /RTC1 /MDd /GS /fp:fast /Yu"StdAfx.h" /Fp"Debug/minmax.pch" /Fo"Debug/" /W3 /nologo /ZI

My icl.cfg does not contain any floating point precision setting options.

EDIT:

I just figured out that if I remove icl.cfg it works fine so I started removing options in there one by one and found out that -Og causes this problem. Is this a bug?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
levicki
Valued Contributor I

Hey folks, I need to know if this is a bug so I can submit it while the beta evaluation is still active.

0 Kudos
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee
To me, it looks like the combo of /fp:fast with /RTC1 and any non-/Od optimization option causes this. It's definitely an issue, and I would submit it. I would add too that with the 11.0 beta, I would default to submitting anything you run into since the Premier Issues are getting tracked for our beta statistics.
0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I

Thanks Brandon, I already did submit the issue.

0 Kudos