Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

About irqbalance compiled ICC

aazue
New Contributor I

Hi to all
I have download irqbalance and make compile with icc

http://irqbalance.org/releases/irqbalance-0.55.tar.gz (last)
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/i/irqbalance/irqbalance_0.12.orig.tar.gz (old)

With OpenSuSe(11) Makefile of irqbalance-0.55 must be modified

#CFLAGS+=-g -Os -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wall -W 'pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0'
CFLAGS+=-g -Wall -O3 -axSS?? -w 'pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0'
(-w must be lower case)
3 lines after replace gcc with icc
linux-de4c:/usr/src/irqbalance-0.55 # gmake clean
rm -f irqbalance *~ *.o .depend
(Remember to disable proccess irqbalance if as loaded)
linux-de4c:/usr/src/irqbalance-0.55 # gmake
rm -f .depend
gccmakedep-f- -- -O3 -axSSE2 -mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -g -Wall -O3-axSSE2 -mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -w 'pkg-config--cflagsglib-2.0' -- *.c > .depend
icc -O3 -axSSE2 -mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -g -Wall -w 'pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0' -c -o bitmap.o bitmap.c
bitmap.c(210): (col. 2) remark: LOOP WAS VECTORIZED.
bitmap.c(200): (col. 2) remark: LOOP WAS VECTORIZED.
bitmap.c(190): (col. 2) remark: LOOP WAS VECTORIZED.
icc -O3 -axSSE2 -mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -g -Wall -w 'pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0' -c -o irqbalance.o irqbalance.c
icc -O3 -axSSE2 -mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -g -Wall -w 'pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0' -c -o cputree.o cputree.c
icc-O3 -axSSE2 -mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -g -Wall -w'pkg-config--cflags glib-2.0' -c -o procinterrupts.oprocinterrupts.c
icc -O3 -axSSE2 -mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -g -Wall -w 'pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0' -c -o irqlist.o irqlist.c
icc -O3 -axSSE2 -mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -g -Wall -w 'pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0' -c -o placement.o placement.c
icc -O3 -axSSE2 -mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -g -Wall -w 'pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0' -c -o activate.o activate.c
icc -O3 -axSSE2 -mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -g -Wall -w 'pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0' -c -o network.o network.c
icc -O3 -axSSE2 -mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -g -Wall -w 'pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0' -c -o powermode.o powermode.c
icc -O3 -axSSE2 -mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -g -Wall -w 'pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0' -c -o numa.o numa.c
icc -O3 -axSSE2 -mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -g -Wall --w 'pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0' -c -o classify.o classify.c
icc -g -O2 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wall 'pkg-config --libs glib-2.0'bitmap.oirqbalance.o cputree.o procinterrupts.o irqlist.oplacement.oactivate.o network.o powermode.o numa.o classify.o -oirqbalancenmap
linux-de4c:/usr/src/irqbalance-0.55 #
Remark: I have make wrong type machine have only 1 # just for you show.
Remember to disable proccess irqbalance if have as loaded

wrote in shell irqbalance -debug to verify correctly work
About performance better Gcc or not with compile icc not having make test result.

I have read documentation and an part of source to discover that can be used with
Processeur Intel Core Quad. I have use this software several times to server but i have never take
time to read the source and documentation. Now i have how to answer easyly customer.. alway when you submit to
upgrade software and machine,you receive the eternal song (yes is well new product but is not used by system ..)
I have machine Quad for make test but chidren have take for run games ...

The old release is appropriate for me i think as well to learn before , i have download for make modification.
To use same without change well but i want drive with entire control.
I want link mask processor to specific socket port,or address traffic network
same i can use tcpfilter for drive trafic charge redirected or routed contextual with my decided way.
Same as you go with your car where your want and not as where mother of your wife want..
I hope that can be resulting true i have long practice programing socket network but same side processors i have never make ...???
If some people have experience or information about related documentation it would be nice.

I have some doubt that this way can be result but if you think always false you can never result true.
If programmers that have wrote irqbalance have not make or add this way i think several problems hidden..
Already great great thank to this respectable group programmers that irqbalance can be works exactly same existing..

About Opensuse(11)
I work real time majority Debian but OpenSuse 11 is also very well product
Just an warning for user have not practice..
route -n showing
196.254.0.0 are routed ???? (bind) have answer as B class African Network Information Center
Probably(Hot-plug !!!) Tux penguins decide migrate Africa to hot at sun ??,or is wrong address for task allowed multicast lan??
I don't know if same only my media DVD or to all ??
If you having you must running command (route del -net 196.254.0.0/16) to remove

Also if you disable origin firewall Suse you having iptables (tcpfilter)false all rules (as tables nat and policy) take port spr-itunes tcp0/tcp ???
I don't know if same only my media DVD or to all ??
To resolve you must download source iptables make compile (ICC ?? i have not tested ) GCC and copy binary
result in /usr/local/sbin to /usr/sbin (I think make after the test to compile iptables with added library)
Link where to download source at here : http://www.netfilter.org/news.html#2008-07-23

make single rule and wrote ipatbles -L to verify if really port is assigned.
Firewall imposed to use ?, same that you must buy car with mother of your wife installed by default and you can not eject.
Remark: if you not have practice rules tcpfilter is better that you use car same with default mother of your wife...
After all execute nmap to your network address for controling all configuration and verify that you not having ports are added wrong open.
Have you solution how to recover my new Core Quad computer that have take my childrens ??? Grrrrrrrrrr!!!...

Best regards to all

0 Kudos
0 Replies