Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Access violation error at compile time

Palomer_Vila__Albert

Hello, I have a project that compiles both in Ubuntu and g++ 7.4 and Visual Studio 2019. However, when I use Visual Studio I am stuck with a really old OpenMP version (200203). I am trying the intel c++ compiler to see if using it I can compile the project using a newer version of OpenMP (5.0). My project is CMake-based and I configure it using the following command to compile using intel c++ compiler 19.0 in visual studio:

cmake [Various options to locate all libraries] .. -T "Intel C++ Compiler 19.0"

and then compile using

cmake --build . --config Release

which produces

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.23.28105\include\pplwin.h(93): error: access violation [PATH TO MY PROJECT]
        static ::std::shared_ptr<scheduler_interface> * _S_scheduler_address;
                                                        ^

Any ideas on what might be happening? It's my first time getting an access violation error during compilation.

The same error happens with Debug builds.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Viet_H_Intel

What version of VS2019 you have? if possible, can you use the older version of VS2019? And also which version of Intel compiler you installed?

0 Kudos
Palomer_Vila__Albert

When I run the cmake command, the first two lines report:

-- Building for: Visual Studio 16 2019
-- The CXX compiler identification is Intel 19.0.5.20190815

When I open Visual Studio and do Help->About Microsoft Visual Sutido it shows me that it is actually 16.3.2 version. Which older version of Visual Studio do you want me to try?

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

That version just released 2 days ago which means after Intel compiler 19.0.5 was released. Can you try 16.2.0?

0 Kudos
Palomer_Vila__Albert

I've downgraded Visual Studio to 16.2.0 (had to remove and reinstall both visual studio and intel parallel studio) and retried compilation with the same result

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.22.27905\include\pplwin.h(93): error : access violation
      static ::std::shared_ptr<scheduler_interface> * _S_scheduler_address;

Note that the only difference is with the MSVC folder (previously it was 14.23.28105). Any more ideas?

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Can you provide a test case to us to investigate?

0 Kudos