Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Any detailed documentation on optimizations performed by the ICC?

T_C
Beginner

Hi,

I am very interested in using the ICC long-term for low latency programming. Because of this I would like to try and get some documentation on the sort of optimizations the ICC does and doesn't do. Does this sort of documentation exist/are Intel able to provide something?

EDIT I would want to learn which micro optimizations are completely pointless, how the ICC implements various parts of the C++ language, optimizations performed, how the memory layout is organized etc. It would save many hours observing outputted assembler!

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I would want to learn which micro optimizations are completely pointless, how the ICC implements various parts of >>the C++ language, optimizations performed, how the memory layout is organized etc. It would save many hours >>observing outputted assembler! I'm not sure that documents with all these technical details exist. Try to do programming ( as much as possible ) and take a look at: Online ( v13.x ): software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/doclib/stdxe/2013/composerxe/compiler/cpp-mac/index.htm Online ( v12.x ): software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/hpc/composerxe/en-us/2011Update/cpp/win/index.htm Online: Intel Articles related to Intel C++ compiler or if you have already Intel C++ compiler than run: icc.exe -help
0 Kudos