Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

Any experiences with C++0x features with Intel C++ 11.0 on windows?

jlperla
Beginner
How dangerous is it for me to turn on/Qstd:C++0x on windows with 11.0? And when I do linux builds?

I want to use the "auto" keyword and "decltype" if it is working well enough.

In particular, I am wondering if auto has caused grief, instability, and incomprehensible errors, or if it is pretty good? Are there any (runtime) performance hits or does it accurately generate all of the same code.
And has anyone had problems using boost or any other heavily templated libraries?

And what about lambda support? Pretty solid for simple stuff?

Is there any real chance of syntax regressions on the auto or decltype in the C++ standard if I start using it? Lambda?

Thanks
Jesse
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Oren
Beginner
I've had no problem using auto, mostly in the context of annoying nested iterators from the STL.

Oh, and the compiler lets you omit the space between closing template brackets (list>).

HTH.
0 Kudos
jlperla
Beginner
Quoting - Oren
I've had no problem using auto, mostly in the context of annoying nested iterators from the STL.

Oh, and the compiler lets you omit the space between closing template brackets (list>).

HTH.

Thanks for the feedback. You didn't try to compile any of the boost libraries by change? I am having trouble linking to the boost::system library when I turn C++0X features on.
0 Kudos