Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7953 Discussions

As of year 2020 AD what is the best C++ version for latest Intel CPU

rollerbladegirl
Beginner

As of year 2020 AD what is the best C++ version for the latest Intel CPU?

I am using 32 bit Microsoft Windows.

I chose, months ago, to learn C++11 and I am learning it via CODE::BLOCKS 17.12 . It seemed at the time that C++11 was the most widely compatible version and the most stable version in relation to common computer hardware. I am now checking if that is currently applicable to the latest and greatest Intel CPUs;

Whatever the latest and greatest Intel CPU that is available on the open market in the United States of America.

What is the latest version of C++ that will work very well with that CPU?

I am *not* asking about Microsoft Visual Studio for this.

I am *not* asking about ".net" versions of C++ for this.

Just straight C++ on the latest and greatest Intel CPU.

And, what is that Intel CPU? I have heard that there is to be a super multi-core Intel CPU out now. Maybe?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Viet_H_Intel

Please refer to the Release Notes for System requirements if you would like to use Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020.

0 Kudos
rollerbladegirl
Beginner

Thank you  Viet Hoang (Intel) .

"As of year 2020 AD what is the best C++ version for the latest Intel CPU?"

I am not *assuming* that since their C++ compiler has "Full C++11, C++14, C++17, and C++ 20 support" that it is to be assumed that C++ 20 is best for the latest and greatest Intel CPU. I am not assuming that. I would like to know from Intel exactly which it is.

No. This question is not about Intel Parallel Studio 2020, any of the three versions. Parallel Studio 2020 is impressive. But it is not what I asked about.

I appreciate your offer of help, but it did not address the question.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Sorry, but this forum is specifically for Intel compiler related topics.

0 Kudos
rollerbladegirl
Beginner

Which Intel forum is for Intel CPU related topics? I would like to move my question to that forum.

0 Kudos