Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7943 Discussions

Availability of Intel Compilers for Open-Source/Non-Profit Development,...

Kerem_Gümrükcü
Hi,

i would like to know if there are any Intel Compilers (mainly C++) that can be used for free
from Intel for Open-Source non profit usage on microsoft platforms? I currently use the microsoft
VC++ Compilers from the Express Editions for compiling my Freeware and Open-Source applications,
but i found out that some of my code parts would be much better optimized by using intel C++. Is there
any chance to get a free copy of the C++ Compilers from Intel for Freeware and/or Open Source projects
build on top of Microsoft Windows?

Thanks in advance,...

Regards

Kerem
0 Kudos
7 Replies
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Kerem,

This would be a perfect opportunity to write a grant proposal to those whom appreciate your endeavors.

Jim Dempsey
0 Kudos
Kerem_Gümrükcü

Kerem,

This would be a perfect opportunity to write a grant proposal to those whom appreciate your endeavors.

Jim Dempsey
Hi Jim,

thanks for your reply, but i dont understand what exactly you mean by saying "to those whom appreciate your endeavors"?

Regards

K.
0 Kudos
Thomas_Z_Intel
Employee
Hi Kerem,
I forwarded your request to one of our German sales people who will contact you directly for further discussion.
Regards, Thomas

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Kerem,

What I mean is you are performing Non-Profit Development work. The recipients of that work is/are likely organizations. These organizations likely have budgets or supporters, patrions, etc. that provide some measure of support to underwrite expenses, say such as sending you to a conference, or buying your computer, or buying you your software tools.

Intel may decide to donate a copy of the software (I don't work for Intel). In the event they don't, then you need to make a request through your usual support channels.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
aazue
New Contributor I
Quoting - Kerem Gmrkc

Kerem,

Jim Dempsey
Hi Jim,

thanks for your reply, but i dont understand what exactly you mean by saying "to those whom appreciate your endeavors"?

Regards

K.

Hi all,
I not see object exactly same view point that you.
I think that is problem, compiler free Intel for programmers only would be greater for help sale benefit with alignment Intel processor.
At this times with all change required new programing. and also now new other marks processors.
Does never eat an tree with her fruits.
Problem how to make with management sale, already established ???.
To make same the GNU side, an best control can be better way.
The people that have wrote an book is not that can appreciate her story.
But i think that all run time library installed operational to customer as GNU or Microsoft or BSD repainted color Apple , must be cashed buying for customer as user
All works must have benefit money or others same side, as result.
Kind regards

0 Kudos
Kerem_Gümrükcü

Kerem,

What I mean is you are performing Non-Profit Development work. The recipients of that work is/are likely organizations. These organizations likely have budgets or supporters, patrions, etc. that provide some measure of support to underwrite expenses, say such as sending you to a conference, or buying your computer, or buying you your software tools.

Intel may decide to donate a copy of the software (I don't work for Intel). In the event they don't, then you need to make a request through your usual support channels.

Jim Dempsey

Hi Jim,

thanks for your reply. In my case its for Open-Source and Freeware (maybe using the term "non-profi"t was kinda wrong here!) that i personally develop and make available for free. The non-profit stuff (i do have several classes with future information scientist i teach java and .NET in my spare time) is kinda different, since i do get (as you mentioned it right) tools from my "supporters", but there is no chance to get a intel-compiler, i already had that conversation with the responsible person. The question i asked here is only for my own open-source/freeware software i would like to compile and develop with the Intel C++ Compiler,... afaik the best compiler for Intel based Hardware and Systems, when it comes to performance!

Regards

Kerem

0 Kudos
Kerem_Gümrükcü
Hi Kerem,
I forwarded your request to one of our German sales people who will contact you directly for further discussion.
Regards, Thomas

Hi Thomas,

nice, thank you, thank you for your time and effort.

Regards

Kerem
0 Kudos