Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Backend Signal error

christopher_kearney
Hello,

I am trying to compile with icc(ver 9.1) on a SGI Atlix with SuSE linux but keep getting compile errors:

icc -c -MMD -MF ./objects/MbData.r.d -MT ./objects/MbData.r.o -Qoption,c,--context_limit,100 -fPIC -DMSYS_LINUX -I/home/ckearney/Documents
/h264/orig/jmvm/JSVM/H264Extension/build/linux/lib/H264AVCCommonLib/../../../../include -I../../../../src/lib/H264AVCCommonLib -DMERL_VIEW -w -O3 -DNDEBUG -Wuninitialized -o objects/MbData.r.o /home/ckearney/Documents/h264/orig/jmvm/JSVM/H264Extension/build/linux/lib/H264AVCCommonLib/../../../../src/lib/H264AVCCommonLib/MbData.cpp

(0): internal error: backend signals

compilation aborted for /home/ckearney/Documents/h264/orig/jmvm/JSVM/H264Extension/build/linux/lib/H264AVCCommonLib/../../../../src/lib/H264AVCCommonLib/MbData.cpp (code 4)
make[1]: *** [objects/MbData.r.o] Error 4

I thought it was an error due to a large object file, but I tried to use "-Qoption,c,--context_limit,100" with no sucess.

Thanks, Chris

0 Kudos
4 Replies
John_O_Intel
Employee

Hi,

This is an internal compiler error. I'd suggest you submit a support issuewithtestcase to http://premier.intel.com . I'd try changing optimization form O3 to O2 on this file to see if that helps, if not try O1, then O0.

Regards

_|ohnO

0 Kudos
sandip_p_
Beginner
sir, i am trying to build jsvm on linux platform. we are facing some errors as make[1]: *** [objects/MbCoder.d.o] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/jsvm2012/JSVM/H264Extension/build/linux/lib/H264AVCEncoderLib' make: *** [all] Error 2 i am also attaching whole file of building process, please help me out from this error. thank you.
0 Kudos
Sukruth_H_Intel
Employee
Hi sandip, I think that the build is failed because of the inclusion of conio.h header file in "src/lib/H264AVCEncoderLib/MbCoder.cpp". So you can rather remove the inclusion and see if there are any functions/API's like "getch()" and so on and try to replace those. Regards, Sukruth H V
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi 'sandip p', >>... >>../src/lib/H264AVCEncoderLib/MbCoder.cpp:1:19: error: conio.h: No such file or directory >>... Please try to understand why conio.h header file is missing?
0 Kudos