Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Batch build failing in VS2008SP1/Intel C++ 11.1.060 & 11.1.065

Deleted_U_Intel
Employee
I'm having a problem with batch builds in my Visual Studio 2008/SP1 solution. The solution contains about 50 projects with 5 different build configurations. About 5 of the projects are built using Intel C++ and the remaining are all VC++.

When I perform a batch build that builds all projects and configuations (~50x5), I have failures that are reported as linker errors on the Intel projects. Unfortunately, some of these projects are relatively low level and most of the higher level projects depend upon them so they consequently fail to link as well. However, if once the build is complete, I batch build the solution again, the failed projects are linked as well as the higher level projects. Unfortunately, due to the size of the solution, this is a waste of time.

Does anyone else experience this problem or know what to do about it. I earlier used version 11.0.074 and did not have this particular problem. However, due toa recentchange in my code, I think I have encountered the 11.0.074 compiler generating bad code causing my application to fail. The 11.1.065 compiler does not seem to have this problem with code generation, but does have this build issue.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JenniferJ

Because this seems random, it reminds me a known-issue we have: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/compile-time-error-cant-open-file-cuserslocaltemp772811srcstxt-for-write/

There is an internal option to help with this. Let me know if it is the case.

Thanks,
Jennifer

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

Yes. note for this optio though - it may change without notice.

So it's a different issue then. could youcheck the output window to see what caused the basic lib not being created? any error msg?

Under tools -> option dlg, what do you have for the value of "Max Number of Parallel Project Build" under "Build and Run"?

Let me also check if there is a known issue about it.

Thanks,
Jennifer

0 Kudos