Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Boost - lockfree queue - CentOS

Martin_P_2
Beginner

I am using lockfree queue from boost:

#include <boost/lockfree/queue.hpp>
#include <boost/atomic.hpp>

boost::lockfree::queue<int> queue(10000);

Works fine with GCC compiler, but not with Intel. I get the following error:

In file included from /usr/include/boost/lockfree/queue.hpp(24),
                 from /home/martin/projects/EGO/BLAS-join3/cmake/main.cpp(5):
/opt/gcc6.1.0/usr/local/bin/../include/c++/6.1.0/atomic(178): error: static assertion failed with "std::atomic requires a trivially copyable type"
        static_assert(__is_trivially_copyable(_Tp),
        ^
          detected during instantiation of class "std::atomic<_Tp> [with _Tp=boost::lockfree::detail::tagged_index]" at line 584 of "/usr/include/boost/lockfree/detail/freelist.hpp"

/opt/gcc6.1.0/usr/local/bin/../include/c++/6.1.0/atomic(178): error: static assertion failed with "std::atomic requires a trivially copyable type"
        ^
          detected during:
            instantiation of class "std::atomic<_Tp> [with _Tp=boost::lockfree::detail::tagged_ptr<boost::lockfree::detail::freelist_stack<boost::lockfree::queue<int, boost::parameter::void_, boost::parameter::void_, boost::parameter::void_>::node, std::allocator<boost::lockfree::queue<int, boost::parameter::void_, boost::parameter::void_, boost::parameter::void_>::node>>::freelist_node>]" at line 244 of "/usr/include/boost/lockfree/detail/freelist.hpp"
            instantiation of class "boost::lockfree::detail::freelist_stack<T, Alloc> [with T=boost::lockfree::queue<int, boost::parameter::void_, boost::parameter::void_, boost::parameter::void_>::node, Alloc=std::allocator<boost::lockfree::queue<int, boost::parameter::void_, boost::parameter::void_, boost::parameter::void_>::node>]" at line 121 of "/usr/include/boost/lockfree/queue.hpp"
            instantiation of class "boost::lockfree::queue<T, A0, A1, A2> [with T=int, A0=boost::parameter::void_, A1=boost::parameter::void_, A2=boost::parameter::void_]" at line 38 of "/home/martin/projects/EGO/BLAS-join3/cmake/main.cpp"

^
          detected during:
            instantiation of class "std::atomic<_Tp> [with _Tp=boost::lockfree::detail::tagged_ptr<boost::lockfree::queue<int, boost::parameter::void_, boost::parameter::void_, boost::parameter::void_>::node>]" at line 463 of "/usr/include/boost/lockfree/queue.hpp"
            instantiation of class "boost::lockfree::queue<T, A0, A1, A2> [with T=int, A0=boost::parameter::void_, A1=boost::parameter::void_, A2=boost::parameter::void_]" at line 38 of "/home/martin/projects/EGO/BLAS-join3/cmake/main.cpp"

compilation aborted for /home/martin/projects/EGO/BLAS-join3/cmake/main.cpp (code 2)
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/blasJoin.dir/main.cpp.o] Fehler 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/blasJoin.dir/all] Fehler 2
make: *** [all] Fehler 2

I am using the following flags in CMAKE:

if ("${CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID}" STREQUAL "GNU")
  set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS  "${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} -march=knl -mtune=knl -fpic -ffast-math -DNDEBUG -O3 -DNDDEBUG -fopenmp -lmkl_core -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_intel_thread -liomp5 -lboost_system")
elseif ("${CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ID}" STREQUAL "Intel")
  set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS  "${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} -xmic-avx512 -qopenmp -DNDEBUG -O3 -lmkl_intel_thread  -liomp5 -lpthread -lmkl_core -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lboost_system")
endif()

Intel Compiler 18.0.2 20180210
GCC version: 6.1.0
Boost version: 1.66

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Viet_H_Intel

Hi,

Can you create a preprocess file (main.i) and provide it to us for investigation?

Thanks,

Viet

0 Kudos
Martin_P_2
Beginner

I am not sure, what you mean with "preprocess file" or "main.i". I've attached the code and the makefile.

0 Kudos
Olga_M_Intel
Employee

Martin P. wrote:

I am not sure, what you mean with "preprocess file" or "main.i".

It means compilation with -P option and you will see *.i files.

0 Kudos
Martin_P_2
Beginner

I've compiled the sources with the -EP -P compile option, described in:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-create-a-preprocessed-file-i-file

0 Kudos