Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Broken Integration with Visual Studio 16.1.1 2019

Yang__Richard
Beginner

Integration with Visual Studio (I'm using Intel Parallel Studio XE 2019 on Windows 10) is broken. When converting directly from within Visual Studio to using Intel C++ Compiler, I get the error message when building.

1>------ Build started: Project: CompilerIdC, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
1>C:\VS\2019\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Platforms\x64\PlatformToolsets\Intel C++ Compiler 19.0\Toolset.targets(350,5): error : Element <LanguageStandard> has an invalid value of "Default".
1>C:\VS\2019\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Platforms\x64\PlatformToolsets\Intel C++ Compiler 19.0\Toolset.targets(350,5): error MSB6011: Invalid parameters passed to the Intel.Build.ICLTasks.ICL task.
1>Done building project "CompilerIdC.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Note that this is fixed by going into "Properties -> C/C++ -> Language -> C++ Language Standard" of the project and removing the 'invalid value of "Default"' (blank works fine).

The bigger problem is that this breaks CMake integration (produces the same kind of error in CMakeError.log).

cmake -T "Intel C++ Compiler 19.0" no longer works and fails to detect CMAKE_C_COMPILER.

Note that I've taken steps trying to both repair and reinstall Parallel Studio XE 2019, but the results have been the same. It seems that the latest update I made (from 16.0.2 to 16.1.1) broke something.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SiamKV
Beginner

Hello 

I have the same issue  (converting from within Visual Studio to using Intel C++ Compiler would result in invalid value of "Default" for C++ Language Standard).

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

IPSXE2019 may not supported VS16.1.1 as this VS version just released about a week ago (May-24)

0 Kudos
Przemysław_O_
Beginner

Hallo,

Intel compiler does not recognize 'Default' value from MSVC/Language/C++ Language standard.

Just set it to C++14 or C++17 and than it works fine.

0 Kudos