Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Bug in icc 13.0.0.079 and 13.0.1.117

Jeremy_D_
Beginner

Found while attempting to compile postgresql using icc.  Attached preprocessed source of file which failed.

[bash] icc -c -o network.o network.i ": internal error: backend signals compilation aborted for network.i (code 4) [/bash]

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Georg_Z_Intel
Employee
Hello, I can confirm this problem even with the latest version 13.0.1.117. Thus I created a defect ticket (DPD200240067) and let you know once fixed. Thank you for reporting! Best regards, Georg Zitzlsberger
0 Kudos
pkshan
Beginner

Sorry off topic, Can you tell me what's the release date of  icc13 update2?:)

thanks

0 Kudos
Georg_Z_Intel
Employee
Hello, there is no official date but you can expect it end of January, beginning February. Best regards, Georg Zitzlsberger
0 Kudos
Jeremy_D_
Beginner

Looks like it's working in composerxe 2013.2.146

0 Kudos
aazue
New Contributor I

Hi
When you are halted on this error with  versions mentioned

In this step
cd src/backend/utils/adt
/opt/intel/bin/icc -Os   -I../../../../src/include -c -o network.o network.c

cd ../../../  (return to postgresql-9.2.2 home directory)

repeat make to end compilation

If you don't have path  intel lib
 use command
cp /opt/intel/lib/intel64/libintlc.so libintlc.so.5  libsvml.a  libsvml.so /usr/lib
ldconfig
su postgres
time make check
  etc ...
Regards

0 Kudos
Georg_Z_Intel
Employee
Hello, it should be fixed already with latest updates 2 and higher. Just confirmed by engineering. Please let me know if you still face that problem. Best regards, Georg Zitzlsberger
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi Georg, >>...icc -c -o network.o network.i ": internal error: backend signals compilation aborted for network.i (code 4)... These internal error messages are very confusing and I wonder if they could be more specific? First of all it is Not clear at all where the compiler failed. What is a line number in a source files, or a function name, etc? It would be nice to see more technical details and consider it as a Feature Request. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos