Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7954 Discussions

Build and Run a Sample Project Using Visual Studio Code: "catastrophic error: cannot open source fi"

Moya
Beginner

Hello,

I am new to programming in C++. I installed oneAPI HPC Toolkit and followed the Get Started section:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/get-started-with-intel-oneapi-base-hpc-macos/top/run-a-sample-project-with-vscode.html

Unfortunately, I got the following error when I run "make":

icc -O2 -c -o intrin_dot_sample.o src/intrin_dot_sample.cpp
In file included from /opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/2021.1.1/mac/bin/intel64/../../compiler/include/omp.h(142),
from src/intrin_dot_sample.cpp(33):
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/../../usr/include/c++/v1/stdlib.h(93): catastrophic error: cannot open source file "stdlib.h"
#include_next <stdlib.h>
^

compilation aborted for src/intrin_dot_sample.cpp (code 4)
make: *** [intrin_dot_sample.o] Error 4

I WILL BE VERY GRATEFUL IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RahulV_intel

Hi,

We are moving your query to the C++ forum.

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi Luis,

Could you please share details about your system configuration?

OS version:

Compiler version:

Also, If possible please provide steps that you followed before you ended up with this error.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

Reminder: Could you please share the above requested details along with steps you followed before you encountered the error.

Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

As we have not heard back from you, we are considering that your issue has been resolved and we have answered all your queries. So we will no longer respond to this thread.

If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only 

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos