Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Building Boost 1.59 with Intel C++ Compiler 15.0 in Centos 7

Alex_L_3
Beginner

I am trying to build Boost 1.59 with Intel C++ Compiler 15.0 in Centos 7. I am using the below command.

./bootstrap.sh --without-libraries=mpi,python
./b2 toolset=intel-15.0 address-model=64 cxxflags="-std=c++11" --layout=versioned link=static variant=debug,release

I got the below error in building Boost.Log. Could you please help? I tried to compile with GCC 4.8 and it works. Is it a bug in Intel C++ Compiler?

intel-linux.compile.c++ bin.v2/libs/log/build/intel-linux-15.0/debug/link-static/log-api-unix/threading-multi/default_filter_factory.o
./boost/fusion/algorithm/query/detail/find_if.hpp(208): internal error: assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/lower_il.c", line 18968

return recursive_call(iter, found());
              ^

compilation aborted for libs/log/src/default_filter_factory.cpp (code 4)

"icpc" -c -xc++ -O0 -g -w1 -inline-level=0 -pthread -m64 -fvisibility=hidden -std=c++11 -wd177,780,2196,1782,193,304,981,1418,411,734,279 -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB=1 -DBOOST_CHRONO_STATIC_LINK=1 -DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_STATIC_LINK=1 -DBOOST_LOG_SETUP_BUILDING_THE_LIB=1 -DBOOST_LOG_USE_AVX2 -DBOOST_LOG_USE_NATIVE_SYSLOG -DBOOST_LOG_USE_SSSE3 -DBOOST_LOG_WITHOUT_EVENT_LOG -DBOOST_SPIRIT_USE_PHOENIX_V3=1 -DBOOST_SYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED -DBOOST_SYSTEM_STATIC_LINK=1 -DBOOST_THREAD_BUILD_LIB=1 -DBOOST_THREAD_DONT_USE_CHRONO=1 -DBOOST_THREAD_POSIX -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB=1 -DDATE_TIME_INLINE -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -I"."   -c -o "bin.v2/libs/log/build/intel-linux-15.0/debug/link-static/log-api-unix/threading-multi/default_filter_factory.o" "libs/log/src/default_filter_factory.cpp"

...failed intel-linux.compile.c++ bin.v2/libs/log/build/intel-linux-15.0/debug/link-static/log-api-unix/threading-multi/default_filter_factory.o...
intel-linux.compile.c++ bin.v2/libs/log/build/intel-linux-15.0/debug/link-static/log-api-unix/threading-multi/matches_relation_factory.o
./boost/fusion/algorithm/query/detail/find_if.hpp(208): internal error: assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/lower_il.c", line 18968

return recursive_call(iter, found());
              ^

compilation aborted for libs/log/src/matches_relation_factory.cpp (code 4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Melanie_B_Intel
Employee

I can see this problem too. 

I tried our 16.0 compiler which will be released pretty soon, this problem doesn't appear when building boost 1.59

I'll see what else I can find out about this problem.

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Alex, 
Yes, I tried as well and could reproduce with 15.0.3 (latest version) but was successful when using the beta version of 16.0 update 2.  I've filed this issue with our developers and will keep you updated as soon as the 16.0 release is out (which should be sometime next week)..

_KIttur

0 Kudos
Alex_L_3
Beginner

Thanks for your prompt reply!

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

My pleasure, Alex. Our developers are investigating the issue with 15.0 and will let you know on any update thereof as well.

_Kittur 

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Alex, just letting you know that you'll have to get  the next major version 16.0 (to be released soon) as an update to 15.X version may not happen, fyi.

_Kittur 

0 Kudos