Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Building Qt 4.6 on Mac

pjfloyd
Beginner
Hi

I recently tried to build Qt 4.6 on Mac OS X 10.6.2. I did manage by using 'configure ... -debug'. But with configure without -debug the build fails with an uic error

/Users/paulf/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.0/bin/uic dialogs/qfiledialog.ui -o .uic/debug-shared/ui_qfiledialog.h
uic: Error in line 56, column 29 : column
File 'dialogs/qfiledialog.ui' is not valid

Has anyone managed to build Qt 4.6 on Mac?
(from what I can tell, the combination of Mac and Intel compiler is not supported by Nokia).

A+
Paul
0 Kudos
1 Reply
pjfloyd
Beginner
I've looked at this, and added a few printf statements and then an assert(0) to try to see where things are going wrong.

This hasn't helped me much.

1. idb in a xterm/ksh is unusable. The prompt seems to just randomly skip backwards and forwards, with just white space between the cursor and the (idb) prompt. I'ts ok in Terminal/ksh. Haven't tried other shells.

2. I can't read the core file with idb.
db ../../bin/uic /cores/core.39784
Intel Debugger for applications running on Intel 64, Version 11.1, Build [1.2097.2.295]
------------------
object file name: ../../bin/uic
core file name: /cores/core.39784
Assertion failed: "controller" src/appl/procs/processfactory.C:953
This is an unexpected condition and may indicate the presence of a defect.
If you wish to report this, please include the stack trace that follows.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Assertion'

Intel Debugger for applications running on Intel 64, Version 11.1 caught signal "Abort trap" (6).
This is an unexpected condition and may indicate the presence of a defect.
If you wish to report this, please include the stack trace that follows.

terminate called recursively
Abort

With gdb I can read it, but it can only give me a callstack as far as the assert that I added, which doesn't help.

A+
Paul
0 Kudos