Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Building Qt 5 with Intel C++ under Windows

Carsten_S_
Beginner

Hi everybody!

Has anyone succeeded in building Qt 5 with the Intel C++ compiler on Windows lately?

Over the past few months, I have tried to build several versions of Qt 5, including the latest 5.4.0, but haven't succeeded to compile any of them using Intel C++.

At least the Qt 5.4.0 build currently doesn't break in Qt itself, but in the 3rd-party library iAccessible2, which largely consists of source files auto-generated from a COM IDL (at least as far as I understand). I have attached the corresponding compiler messages to this post. Since I originally come from the Un*x world, I am not an expert in these technologies, though.

I am using Intel C++ Compiler XE 15.0 (IA-32) under Windows 7 with Visual Studio 2013 (Community Edition).

I know that Intel C++ is not among the "officially supported" platforms of Qt -- maybe it can't be done at all, but I would be happy to hear whether I'm actually the only one trying to use Qt with Intel C++ under Windows (or maybe the one unsuccessful one).

Carsten.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Amanda_S_Intel
Employee

So far I can't reproduce this - can you send me the options you used? I'll try to hack together a build file for just the iAccessible2 plugin with that info and see how far I get. If anyone else ran into this problem, please chime in and let me know the compiler options used to build. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Paul_Dufort
Beginner

Hi, I have also been struggling with building an Intel64 version of Qt 5.5.0 with the Intel C++ Compiler 2015 Update4 integrated with VS 2013, on a Win 8.1 x64 system. I finally got the build to complete with no fatal errors by using the following configuration,

configure.bat
    -platform win32-icc
    -opensource
    -confirm-license
    -debug-and-release
    -opengl desktop
    -no-angle
    -no-icu
    -c++11
    -skip qtwebengine
    -skip qtwebchannel
    -skip qtwayland
    -skip qtwebkit
    -skip qtwebkit-examples
    -skip qtdeclarative
    -nomake tests
    -nomake examples

and with a few modifications to the attached file qcompilerdetection.h to deal with the fact that the VS 2013 and Intel C++ compilers don't support the new C++11 constexpr. The build completes, the Qt VS addin 1.2.4 integration works, and I able to compile and build Qt Gui applications, but every single one of the GUI-based Qt tools (designer, assistant, linguist) all crash on startup. This leaves the following entry in the event log,

Faulting application name: designer.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x55d4a1df
Faulting module name: Qt5Gui.dll, version: 5.5.0.0, time stamp: 0x55d48d34
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000006850f5
Faulting process id: 0x5b8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0daadb7408ac1
Faulting application path: C:\Qt\5.5.0\qtbase\bin\designer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Qt\5.5.0\qtbase\bin\Qt5Gui.dll
Report Id: f504ee37-46a0-11e5-8267-8cdcd42c37a6
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any advice or insight into what is going wrong would be greatly appreciated!

I am a user of Intel® Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition for C++ Windows.

Thanks,
Paul

0 Kudos
Allan_Y_
Beginner

I'm probably having a similar problem building Qt5.7.1 on Linux with the intel compiler version 17.0.1.132.  qcompilerdetection.h is choking on the flag -std=c++11.  Can you highlight for me the changes you made that took care of this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
I did a very quick review of errors from context_iaccessible-1.txt ( see Post #1 ). My comments marked with a label [SK]: ... >>..\..\..\3rdparty\iaccessible2\generated\x86\Accessible2_p.c(997): error: expect >>ed a "{" >> CINTERFACE_PROXY_VTABLE(46) _IAccessible2ProxyVtbl = >> ^ ... [SK] Not clear why it happens. >>..\..\..\3rdparty\iaccessible2\generated\x86\Accessible2_p.c(1047): error: expec >>ted a ";" >> }; >> ^ [SK] Not clear why it happens. >>..\..\..\3rdparty\iaccessible2\generated\x86\Accessible2_p.c(1050): error: ident >>ifier "PRPC_STUB_FUNCTION" is undefined >> static const PRPC_STUB_FUNCTION IAccessible2_table[] = >> ^ [SK] rpcproxy.h from any version of Microsoft Platform SDK needs to be included. >>..\..\..\3rdparty\iaccessible2\generated\x86\Accessible2_p.c(1052): error: ident >>ifier "STUB_FORWARDING_FUNCTION" is undefined >> STUB_FORWARDING_FUNCTION, >> ^ [SK] rpcproxy.h from any version of Microsoft Platform SDK needs to be included. >>..\..\..\3rdparty\iaccessible2\generated\x86\Accessible2_p.c(1097): error: ident >>ifier "CInterfaceStubVtbl" is undefined >> CInterfaceStubVtbl _IAccessible2StubVtbl = [SK] Not clear why it happens.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...qcompilerdetection.h is choking on the flag -std=c++11. Can you highlight for me the changes you made that took care of this? What compilation errors did you have? Post a build log for review.
0 Kudos