Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Building a Linux LiveCD with the ICC compiler

TyMac
Beginner
I would like to build a LiveCD using ICC to build the Kernel along with optimizing certain packages and libs. If I buy the professional version will I be able to use it to distrubte a LiveCD based on its libs and compiler?

I asked the sales group at Intel and they told me to ask this question here.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Quoting - thaidog
I would like to build a LiveCD using ICC to build the Kernel along with optimizing certain packages and libs. If I buy the professional version will I be able to use it to distrubte a LiveCD based on its libs and compiler?

I asked the sales group at Intel and they told me to ask this question here.
I don't think it makes sense that you couldn't get the question answered. To clarify, I believe you are asking to distribute applications you have built yourself, with static linking of all Intel libraries, no distribution of the actual Intel compiler or libraries. You should read the license yourself, but if you work within those limits, it may be OK.
0 Kudos
TyMac
Beginner
Quoting - tim18
I don't think it makes sense that you couldn't get the question answered. To clarify, I believe you are asking to distribute applications you have built yourself, with static linking of all Intel libraries, no distribution of the actual Intel compiler or libraries. You should read the license yourself, but if you work within those limits, it may be OK.

No distobution of the actual compiler, but I think the libs must be on the disk since it will be a livecd.

I guess the question was too technical for them. I have not bought the compiler yet pending this clairification.
0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee

The "Redistributables" are the files listed in the following text files that may be included in the Materials for the applicable Intel Software Development Product: clredist.txt, credist.txt, fredist.txt, redist.txt. You should be able to distribute the libraries and other files that your application is dependent. You may download the evaluation version of compiler and review the above file.

I think, this istoo technical for sales team and they not be able to tell what files you can redistribute.
0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee

Thelink http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/distributing-library-files/ contains list of redistribution files from Intel C++ compiler 11.0 professional edition. Yoy may need appropriate license to redistribute the files.
0 Kudos
TyMac
Beginner

Thelink http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/distributing-library-files/ contains list of redistribution files from Intel C++ compiler 11.0 professional edition. Yoy may need appropriate license to redistribute the files.

Awsome! I have passed this along to LuYi who is actualy building the system right now with a free license (he will not redistrube this test build of course!)
0 Kudos