Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Building boost with ICX compiler

Przemysław_O_
Beginner

Hello,

we want to port some of our projects from ICL (classic compiler) to ICX compiler.

In projects, which link to boost libraries, linker search for clangw14 libs:

1>lld-link: : error : could not open 'libboost_filesystem-clangw14-mt-x64-1_76.lib': no such file or directory

Have someone of you try to build boost with new ICX compiler?

Best regards

Przemek

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DitiD_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Could you please let us know the steps that you have followed to build the boost library with icx?

Also, please share the OS details and Intel oneAPI version that you are using.

>> We want to port some of our projects from ICL (classic compiler) to ICX compiler.

I tried executing a small boost code and I could execute it successfully using icx.

Can you please provide us with a sample reproducer of your project?

Also, could you please let us know the version of Boost library that you are using?

Thanks and Regards,

Ditipriya.

0 Kudos
DitiD_Intel

Hi,

We've not heard back from you. Can you please provide an update?

Thanks and Regards,

Ditipriya.

0 Kudos
Przemysław_O_
Beginner

Hello,

I have attached simple project with boost filesystem sources (1.79 beta) included.

You can compile this project, but can not link, because of failing:

1>LINK : : error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_filesystem-clangw14-mt-gd-x64-1_79.lib'

So I need to build boost with OneAPI DPC++ compiler to get clangw14 version of the library.

My question was: if someone by Intel tried to build boost with newes OneAPI DPC++ compiler?

I use the newest version of OneAPI (2022.0.3) with Visual Studio 2022 17.1.1 on Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2.

Best regards

Przemek

0 Kudos
DitiD_Intel

Hi,

>> Have someone of you try to build boost with new ICX compiler?

Yes, we do have an article that states how to build Boost* using the Intel® oneAPI Toolkits.

We suggest you to try building boost with ICX by following the steps mentioned in the link below. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/technical/building-boost-with-oneapi.html

Please do let us know if this resolves your issue. 

Thanks and Regards,

Ditipriya.

0 Kudos
DitiD_Intel

Hi,

We've not heard back from you. Can you please provide an update?

Thanks and Regards,

Ditipriya.

0 Kudos
DitiD_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thanks & Regards,

Ditipriya.

0 Kudos