Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Building libsamplerate with icc 12 (performance problem)

xokc
Beginner
I'm using "libsamplerate" library. When I rebuild it with every new Intel compiler's version the lib performance is degrading like 10%. So now with icc 12 the lib works about 30% slower comparing to old icc 9 build. What am I doing wromg? Are there some compiler's option I should check?

Thanks.

Platform - Win 7 x64. libsamplerate - 32 bit DLL.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
The question is probably more appropriate to the mail list of that application, but pointless if you aren't willing to say what options you are using.
A majority of the vectorization performance regressions I have seen in icl 12.0 can be dealt with by using CEAN syntax; needless to say, that's not a satisfactory solution. In such cases, you would have seen changes in opt-report (or vec-report, which is included in opt-report).
The default for icl 32-bit compilation changed from /arch:IA32 (no vectorization) to /arch:SSE2 (including auto-vectorization) in icl 10.0. If you mix float and double, IA32 may perform better than SSE2.
0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee
It would be nice if ypu can provide small test case to reproduce the issue.
0 Kudos