Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Building the SAFECode Compiler in Windows OS by Cygwin Tool

Nikhil_Reddy_K_
Beginner

Here i will give you the brief explanation what i have done till date 

Firstly i have used  VMPlayer in my Windows latest and then i have installed Debian Mint 

Then  i have downloaded the SAFECode 3.2 V sources from the (http://safecode.cs.illinois.edu/downloads.html) and then i have started the building the SAFECode compiler

Now Then i have used the command sequences what i have sent you yesterday and then i have got the compiler build and also used the Test code which is present in (http://safecode.cs.illinois.edu/docs/UsersGuide.html  sample debugging code and then i have got the Error Report as it is in the page and i will also give the screen short of that in the attachments  and i will also send you the command line which i have used to compile the test code 

Now with this work done then i have installed the Cygwin Tool in my Windows machine with the Required packages in it and then used the same Sources the SAFECode 3.2 V which i have used in Debian made some changes in the source files to compile s then i have got the Error Report but it is Partially done you can see in the attachments. Since for this reason only i have asked for the Latest Version of SAFECode which will have the ( SAFECode/tools/Clang  is integrated and included ) so i may be able to  build the compiler Fully and get the Full error report as it is generated in Debian.LINUX Error Report which is completely build.png478933Cygwin Tool Error Report which is partially done.png

I need your help to Compile The SAFECode 3.2V Compiler to be Build in Windows OS 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

If you aren't using Intel software tools, this isn't a useful forum for questions.  It seems the mailing list for the site where you got the source code would be the best bet.  There may be a list for questions about clang, if you can isolate such a question.

In case you ask questions on a more suitable forum, it would be good to clarify whether you are trying to cross compile to cygwin from your linux running under VM.  If not, why even mention the linux?  A native cygwin build might be easier to tackle.  Either way, it seems you have much more information to provide.

If you succeed in building under cygwin, you might be able to substitute Intel C++ if the build isn't too strongly specialized for clang.  This forum might then be able to deal with some questions about Intel C++.

0 Kudos
Nikhil_Reddy_K_
Beginner

hi Tim Prince actually i was building the compiler in Cygwin for reference i have given Linux since it is working in Linux. So now my aim is to generate the same error report in Windows OS (Cygwin)  as it generated by Linux i have tried at most to know which signal handle functions and the POSIX handle functions have to modified for Windows but i was not able to get that my kind request is to help me to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

If you have questions about the cygwin equivalent posix functions, that would be a topic for the cygwin documentation and mail list, and is further removed from topicality here, as cygwin posix functions aren't likely to work with Intel compilers.

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

@nikhil:  Tim's has already responded very nicely to your question. As an aside, although not related to your issue per-se the link https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/alias-method-for-using-intel-windows-compilers-under-cygwin-bash-shell  goes over some details on how to use the intel compiler for windows (icl) using Cygwin* bash shell (does require VS and other dependencies as well). This may come in handy if you happen to use the intel compiler in the future and are looking for using in in a cygwin bash shell environment.

_Kittur 

0 Kudos