Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

C++0x Macro identification

vrennert
Beginner
Hello,

i've been searching for this quite some time without much luck.
In VC++ there is a preprocessor macro _HAS_CPP0X, similarly GCC has __GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__ defined when the c++0x feature set is enabled.

Now the big question.
Is there some way to find out whether -std=c++0x or /Qstd=c++0x was specified and the availiable c++0x feature set was enabled from inside the code?

The reason i am asking is, because i'd like to implement cross plattform move semantics.
It would be even better to have safe access to ICC's rvalue ref capabilities.

Best regards
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
It does look like these could be desirable features. If you want it considered, you could submit example code as a feature request on premier.intel.com.
0 Kudos
vrennert
Beginner
Hello Tim,

after some back and forth with the customer support i was notified that my Intel account is not able to create new tickets on premier.intel.com.

I was told to contact my Intel contact which i don't realy have.

I'd like to know if there is some other way i can contribute to the issue.

Kind regards
Viktor
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Viktor,
There is a request on adding the macro for C++0x in our database. I'll add your request to the existing FR(DPD200157269).

If you could not report to Premier Support, feel free to report any issues to the forum. The response time may not be as fast, but there is a bigger community to help out.

Thanks,
Jennifer
0 Kudos
JenniferJ

Update to this feature: it is implemented since 13.x, and the new macro name is __INTEL_CXX11_MODE__

Thanks,

Jennifer

0 Kudos