Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

C++11 override bug

Bert_Jonson
Beginner

[cpp]

struct A {
virtual ~A() = default;
};

struct B : A {
virtual ~B() override = default;
};

int main() {
B b;
}[/cpp]

It's produces these error(but it mustn't):

error: modifier is not allowed on a destructor

ICC 13 update 1, windows.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II
Greetings, I had same problem. "= delete" is fully working, and "= default" is working partially (i.e. for constructors and assignments operators), but not destructurs. Documentation is saying "this is under development". We must wait for future releases. EDIT: Err, it is working only for move constructor, but not for move-assignment operator. I am waiting for next release. I am on 13.0.1 on Windows. [cpp] error : invalid type for defaulted assignment operator c_volume& operator=(c_volume&&) = default; ^ [/cpp]
0 Kudos
Judith_W_Intel
Employee
C++11 virtual override and final were not implemented in 13.0. What you are seeing is our emulation of the Microsoft "override" keyword (a Microsoft extension) which is not allowed to be used on destructors,i.e.: !% cat f2.cpp struct A { virtual ~A(); }; struct B : A { virtual ~B() override; }; int main() { B b; return 0; } !% cl -c f2.cpp Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 15.00.21022.08 for 80x86 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. f2.cpp f2.cpp(7) : error C3665: 'B::~B' : override specifier 'override' not allowed on a destructor
0 Kudos
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II
Judith Ward (Intel) wrote:

C++11 virtual override and final were not implemented in 13.0.

Just out of my curiosity, when there will be support for: 1. = default 2. virtual "override" and "final" class/struct ? Both comes handy. Some time line?
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...C++11 virtual override and final were not implemented in 13.0... Is it possible to get a complete list of C++11 features supported and implemented in the latest version of Intel C++ compiler ( v13.x.x )?
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Thanks, Judy. I also would like to get some details if the article reflects the most recent changes in version 13 of the Intel C++ compiler?
0 Kudos
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II
VooDooMan wrote:

Quote:

Judith Ward (Intel) wrote:

C++11 virtual override and final were not implemented in 13.0.

Just out of my curiosity, when there will be support for:

1. = default
2. virtual "override" and "final" class/struct ?

Both comes handy. Some time line?

Judy, once again I am asking: any timeline/schedule to implement "NO"'s and "Partial"'s ? I am so excited to use C++11 features with ICC...
0 Kudos
Judith_W_Intel
Employee
Sorry but I am not allowed to comment on our future plans. But I can say that our top priority is to implement the c++11 features that Gnu has already implemented in their recent releases. We would love to have more beta customers to try out these new features for our next release so look for an invitation here. Judy
0 Kudos
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II
Hello Judy,
Judith Ward (Intel)]

Sorry but I am not allowed to comment on our future plans.

Of course, that indeed makes sense. I respect the fact.

But I can say that our top priority is to implement the c++11 features that Gnu has already implemented in their recent releases.

This is what I needed to hear! I'm excited, and impatiently waiting! Thank you.

We would love to have more beta customers to try out these new features for our next release so look for an invitation here.

What I need to apply to be a beta tester? And what it takes, i.e. what is expected from me as a beta tester?
0 Kudos
Bert_Jonson
Beginner
offtop { Also wanting to be BT btw. :3 };
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...We would love to have more beta customers to try out these new features for our next release so look for an invitation here... Judy, Could you post more details regarding beta-testing of a new release of Intel C++ compiler, please?
0 Kudos
JenniferJ

All those features (default, delete & override) are supported by 14.0 and latest compilers. You can find the latest C++11 support on the article pointed by JudyW.

Jennifer

0 Kudos