Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

C++ 13.0 doesn't instantiate the template function

Dmitrichenko__Max

The program below fails to link when buillding it with ICPC version 13.0 under Linux (Intel 64). Using boost version 1.51 (without any patches).

The diagnostics:

/mnt/work/Bender2/Bender2/Sources/TestMod/TestSO.cpp:14: undefined reference to `boost::asio::ip::operator!=(boost::asio::ip::basic_resolver_iterator<boost::asio::ip::tcp> const&, boost::asio::ip::basic_resolver_iterator<boost::asio::ip::tcp> const&)'
/mnt/work/Bender2/Bender2/Sources/TestMod/TestSO.cpp:15: undefined reference to `boost::asio::ip::operator!=(boost::asio::ip::basic_resolver_iterator<boost::asio::ip::tcp> const&, boost::asio::ip::basic_resolver_iterator<boost::asio::ip::tcp> const&)'

This operator is not instantiated. The interesting thing: making connect() method a separate function or removing default value from prototype makes program to link successfuly

[cpp]

#include <boost/asio/ip/tcp.hpp>

class test
{
void connect(boost::asio::ip::tcp::resolver::iterator et = boost::asio::ip::tcp::resolver::iterator());
};

using namespace boost::asio::ip;

void test::connect(tcp::resolver::iterator et)
{
tcp::resolver::iterator end;

if(et != end) {
for(; et != end; ++et) {
break;
}
}
}

int main()
{
}

[/cpp]

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Dmitrichenko__Max
Is any feedback going to be here from Intel about this bug?
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
what the options used? I tested with your code, it did not complain: icl /c /O2 /D_WIN32_WINDOWS /EHsc /I..\boost_1_51_0 boost_err.cpp Jennifer
0 Kudos
Dmitrichenko__Max
As I said above "ICPC version 13.0 under Linux (Intel 64)". Why are you trying it under WIN32? Options are following: icpc -std=c++0x -Wall -g -O2 -msse2 -fPIC ....
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Well, the issue is reported now. When working on multiple issues, sometimes the OS does get mixed up. Jennifer
0 Kudos
JenniferJ

This issue has been fixed in the 13.0 update2 and later. You can download the latest Intel C++ Composer XE 2013 for Linux from the Intel Registration Center or the eval site.

Jennifer

0 Kudos